Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:32 PM

Re: Cyclists who ignore the rules of the road!

That's pre-judging someone you can't possibly know and you'd lose that bet Floydy.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
That's pre-judging someone you can't possibly know and you'd lose that bet Floydy.
There are plenty of folk on here that may agree with my philosophy, Mart.
Unless of course you are one of the "self-righteous brigade" that you are previously known for.
Your reason for returning to the forum is to be disagreeable and no other.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The police choose their own priorities! I'm old enough to remember when the police acted to support the public.
That ages you.. but I know what you mean, proper coppers on the beat, and not to busy to just chat with the public.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 01:17 AM

Dealt with him...back to topic then:

I was a keen cyclist and stuck to the rules of the road.
I understand that cyclists these days feel safer on the footpaths but where possible they should cycle on the roads. Some roads are so absolutely pot-hole ridden that they damage bikes and cause wheels to buckle and can even throw a cyclist off his bike, so it's no wonder they ride on the paths.
Cycle track areas are excellent and there should be more of them where possible, depending on the width of the pavement.
Because cars have gotten so plentiful and so big in size, there is simply no safety concern for the cyclist, although I do agree they should be separated from pedestrians if at all possible.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-03-2018, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
That ages you.. but I know what you mean, proper coppers on the beat, and not to busy to just chat with the public.
What do you mean, Rehab? The police have plenty of time to chat to the public...in coffee shops and at burger vans!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 01:23 AM

I never thought of myself as self-righteous Floydy but true I did have a rest from the forum because I often don't agree with those who are always angry about something or other. No drama or flounce but just stopped posting here. I thought I'd give it another try but maybe I shouldn't have. Is it such a bad thing to disagree - not go with the flow?

Your reason for returning to the forum is to be disagreeable and no other.
Is that the opinion of others?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-03-2018, 01:33 AM

I never thought of myself as self-righteous Floydy but true I did have a rest from the forum because I often don't agree with those who are always angry about something or other. No drama or flounce but just stopped posting here. I thought I'd give it another try but maybe I shouldn't have. Is it such a bad thing to disagree - not go with the flow?

Is that the opinion of others?
Lol. Goodnight Mart!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 12:40 PM

All we can perhaps say is that there are plenty of worse countries and situations we could have been born into.
Yes that's true but we do pay for the service, it isn't free.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 12:44 PM

All we can perhaps say is that there are plenty of worse countries and situations we could have been born into.
Britain might not be perfect, but compared to some countries in this world we are extremely fortunate to live here. We should never turn away genuine migrants who are escaping from terrible conditions in their countries of origin.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Britain might not be perfect, but compared to some countries in this world we are extremely fortunate to live here. We should never turn away genuine migrants who are escaping from terrible conditions in their countries of origin.
Perhaps the time will eventually come when we, too, become migrants escaping from terrible conditions in our country!

A shame, because until quite recently this was a wonderful country to live in.

A country is what its people make it. The continuing influx of people from countries in which 'terrible conditions' prevail may well bring about such conditions here in the fullness of time.

No good denying it; it is already happening.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top