Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 02:10 PM

Re: Why dont they listen

I've found that, in hospital, anyway, there is sometimes a lack of communication. They were forever messing my medication up.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 08:27 AM

That is so true
When Mr Mud was last in hospital people kept coming in and asked I'm the same questions again and again when he said he had answered them all numerous time the latest Dr just laughed and said there will be more to come and ask the same questions yet .Dont they have a central computer system to put these on or failing this a chart for notes on the bed ?
There seemed to be a general confusion or where and what his treatment was to be .
I supose its was because they were so busy
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Sometimes health practitioners read better than they listen.

You might try writing down your complaints and handing them to the doctor in order of concern, if you fee like you aren't being heard.

I know you are having a tough go of it Deylon. Good thoughts your way.
That is a good idea, and as I know deylon's hearing isn't perfect, it would also be a good idea for the doctor to write down what he thinks is the cause and how he proposes to treat it. She could then keep that list and show it to any further doctors, that she may have to speak to...in the hope that one of them can establish the real cause and the best treatment!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That is a good idea, and as I know deylon's hearing isn't perfect, it would also be a good idea for the doctor to write down what he thinks is the cause and how he proposes to treat it. She could then keep that list and show it to any further doctors, that she may have to speak to...in the hope that one of them can establish the real cause and the best treatment!
It's the same with Marge's mother.

When she can, Marge travels over 40 miles each way to accompany her to her hospital appointments because she cannot take in and remember what the doctors have said to her.

When she cannot get there, Marge has told her mother to write down everything the doctor says or, better still, ask the doctor to do so.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top