Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:37 AM

Parking too close

I am fed up of people with great wide cars parking too close in supermarket car parks .
Even if the car park has spaces they squeeze their vehicles into the nearest space to the store regardless of the fact it makes it difficult for others to get into their doors and with this filthy weather means you have to squeeze by dirty doors.
Some supermarkets have double lines which helps I wish all did .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:44 AM

Re: Parking too close

A lot of parking spaces are just too narrow for today's cars but I agree, some drivers can't get their car in the middle.

The rear door on my car opens horizontally, so people parking too close behind is also a problem for me.

I had a long argument with a woman once because I had my rear door open when she was trying to park behind me. I needed to get a lot of building materials out of the back and didn't want her to park too close.

Afterwards, she proceeded to park up really close as predicted.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:55 AM

That gets on my pip too, always when that happens I get out of the car before he parks.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 11:00 AM

Im very naughty and leave the child seats in the car when I don't have the grandkids with me and use the mother and baby bays

This is purely because having a 3 door car and mobility problems, if a car parks too close I cant open my door fully to get in or out

I have done the parking at the furthest place away in a row of spaces that are empty, and time and time again, come back to find another car parked right up next to mine, in a row of otherwise empty spaces

Im not disabled enough to qualify for a blue badge and I would never use a disabled spot without one but the children ones are usually empty when I go shopping
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 11:01 AM

My hubby is guilty of this. If there is a spot closer to the door he will grab it, BUT it is only because he cannot get a handicapped spot as others not handicapped have grabbed those.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 11:14 AM

He should shop at our Waitrose they have at least 20 or 30 disable parking spots nearly always empty ditto Sainsburys
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 11:28 AM

Trouble is cars are bigger these days, if car parks had herringbone stripes it would be a lot easier.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 11:29 AM

We have all but given up trying for a wide (disabled) space and tend to park well away from the supermarket entrance where there are fewer cars. Next to the footpath usually so that the passenger door could be fully opened and no danger of other cars parking next to us.

I say could because we recently bought a car that has a ramp at the back. This means we can park in a tighter space. Herself, sitting in the powerchair, can wheel off the back. No need to open the passenger door wide any more in order to transfer to and from the chair.

It's quite nice to be able to use an ordinary width car parking space. Some are a bit tight but as said, the back of the car park us usually a bit less tightly packed with cars.

edit: typo
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 12:12 PM

Why do people feel the need to buy cars almost the size of a minibus! Of course I understand people with big families may feel they need them but there are two cars in my neighbouring drive with bloody massive cars and they only have 2 kids. Some people are materialistic and braggarts. Note I say some.....not all. I love my little nippy car
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He should shop at our Waitrose they have at least 20 or 30 disable parking spots nearly always empty ditto Sainsburys
You are lucky....here handicapped spots are much fewer. Costco for instance has 12 spots and our biggest grocery store not much more.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top