Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 08:35 PM

Re: I can't stop vaping

Some people seem to be able to do that: just give up addictions overnight.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Some people seem to be able to do that: just give up addictions overnight.
I wish I could Dreamy.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 08:50 PM

It's a device with batteries which emits a spray of mist into your mouth when you press the button.

The liquid used can vary from a high dose of nicotine to none at all. I'm on 3 which is the lowest you can go with nicotine.

But, they are just as addictive as cigarettes, though not quite as bad for your health.
Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
They look like this.

My vape looks nothing like that and the amount of vape that it produces is very very little. That last picture of a women vaping would send me into coughing fits.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	7C9646F9-1723-4055-9B1B-9D7112F5876E.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	7216  
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 10:40 AM

Gave up smoking by using champix.
A piece of cake. It's a bit of a mind bender.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Gave up smoking by using champix.
A piece of cake. It's a bit of a mind bender.
Not having heard of it, I looked it up:

https://www.nhs.uk/smokefree/help-an...tion-medicines

Champix works by reducing your craving for a cigarette. It also reduces the effects you feel if you do have a cigarette. You set a date to stop smoking, and start taking tablets one or two weeks before this date. Treatment normally lasts for 12 weeks. Champix is only available on prescription and is not available if you are pregnant or if you have some pre-existing conditions - discuss with your doctor or healthcare professional.
Interesting .....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 04:36 PM

I'm on the lowest possible level of nicotine (3) but find it impossible to give up my vaper. I want to for health reasons
I confess I shall never understand smokers. They confess to believe/understand that they are literally killing themselves but they go on doing it regardless.

In truth I am not inclined to believe most of them. I think deep down there is still that misguided belief that :

1. It's not really that bad for you
2. The health industry demonises it out of all proportion
3. My dad/grandad/friend etc smoked all their life and lived till 98

and so on

Years ago, you could see quite plainly that most smokers also didn't believe for one second the idea of passive smoking. They would smoke like troopers in public places, fumigating rooms with their stench with absolutely no consideration for others. If people didn't like the atmosphere that was their problem, not the smokers.

This is for me, an issue of the mind. Either you truly believe you are doing yourself untold damage or you don't. If you do believe it then why would you continue? Who is making you smoke? Nobody. It's your life, your choice, your responsibility. Like many things in life, it is the eternal struggle between the body and the real you. Two different entities. The one must triumph over the other for otherwise the other will see them both doomed to an unpleasant death.

Either stop, or don't stop. There is no half way here.

Who is in control? Why isn't it you?

You CAN make the decision right now to never put another cigarette or vaper in your mouth. Nobody can stop you.
Why don't you believe that's possible?

Take back control imo

Put an end to this nonsense once and for all and never ever look back.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I confess I shall never understand smokers. They confess to believe/understand that they are literally killing themselves but they go on doing it regardless.

In truth I am not inclined to believe most of them. I think deep down there is still that misguided belief that :

1. It's not really that bad for you
2. The health industry demonises it out of all proportion
3. My dad/grandad/friend etc smoked all their life and lived till 98

and so on

Years ago, you could see quite plainly that most smokers also didn't believe for one second the idea of passive smoking. They would smoke like troopers in public places, fumigating rooms with their stench with absolutely no consideration for others. If people didn't like the atmosphere that was their problem, not the smokers.

This is for me, an issue of the mind. Either you truly believe you are doing yourself untold damage or you don't. If you do believe it then why would you continue? Who is making you smoke? Nobody. It's your life, your choice, your responsibility. Like many things in life, it is the eternal struggle between the body and the real you. Two different entities. The one must triumph over the other for otherwise the other will see them both doomed to an unpleasant death.

Either stop, or don't stop. There is no half way here.

Who is in control? Why isn't it you?

You CAN make the decision right now to never put another cigarette or vaper in your mouth. Nobody can stop you.
Why don't you believe that's possible?

Take back control imo

Put an end to this nonsense once and for all and never ever look back.
Have you ever smoked? If not you are not in a position to make that sort of judgement!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:25 AM

What i find ,even today after having given up many years ago, is I hate anyone smoking around me. I feel like shoving the thing in their face.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What i find ,even today after having given up many years ago, is I hate anyone smoking around me. I feel like shoving the thing in their face.
I bet they felt the same when you smoked, stop being holier than thou!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

10-09-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Troll
That is a good one coming from you! You are one of the worst sorts of trolls who makes potentially damaging statements about health issues, which could cause people harm if they took any notice of your rants.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top