Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 07:23 PM

Re: Leaving workmen to get on with it.

I have the painter coming to do my lounge next Thursday and Friday. He said he could be trusted to be on his own. I know he came recommended on FB so I might send a PM to that person and check him out.

Holly has been confirmed to go on doggy daycare for both days, so I could come and go. If I really wanted, I could take my ipads and laptop, which have been kept at home, and store them in the storage unit, but my telly will go into the bedroom, out of the way. I want to stay home because I plan on opening up my French door and moving some bits out there. The coffee table that the telly sits on, the radiator cover, the storage on wheels (that I built) which slides under the telly table, and holds DVDs and bits. The weather is looking good for end next week. I could even sand and regloss that unit, if I so wanted. But I do plan on eventually getting a good tv bench with glass doors or cupboards.

So my answer is, I don't WANT to leave him. But he is welcome to have access to the kitchen for drinks. He said he usually takes his own lunch.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 08:31 PM

Re: Leaving workmen to get on with it.

No I wouldnt like to leave them alone in your house for 2 weeks.By all means go out,but be there when they start & finish. You can see for yourself how they are getting on each day after theyve gone,&esides being workmen they are sure to want you there to make them drinksI had my b/room turned into a wet room,a lot of noise & disruption but worth it

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top