Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 01:32 PM

Re: Leeks! (and other annoying food shopping items)

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Realist i have found Sainsbury's are doing something similar with broccoli. They leave a massive heavy stem on the loose veg. It's a really cheeky way to charge more. I'm sure the stem can be used but i always bin it.
I break the stem off in the store! I don’t want that useless stem!
Anyway, the customer is always right!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:43 PM

I was thinking of that art but the one i wanted was as thick as a branch. May take a knife next time. If you see a news headline under knife crime about woman arrested for assaulting broccoli you will know it's me!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:53 PM

I was thinking of that art but the one i wanted was as thick as a branch. May take a knife next time. If you see a news headline under knife crime about woman arrested for assaulting broccoli you will know it's me!
Annie, I put the broccoli in one of the small plastic bags and as l walk away, l hold the broccoli against the edge of the trolley or handle and break its neck!
Then, l subtlety, toss the stem back into the box. There’s always loads of stems in there, so l’m not the only one!

Make sure you choose a broccoli that’s not got a very fat stem.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:55 PM

Art I will try that next time! Failing that I could always cut it with a knife from the kitchenware section. Imagine all the cctv footage they must have of us.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Why not just make some leek soup with the extra? Slice finely into rings and place in a saucepan of cold water to which a veg stock pot/cube has been added. Add a stick of chopped celery and couple of thin slices of fresh ginger, some garlic and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Heat gently then simmer until the leeks and celery are cooked.

Blend if you wish put I like to keep the veggies whole.
That sounds tasty, thanks, I will give that a whirl
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 08:51 AM

All this talk of leeks - might have to do a raid on the Farm Shop today - have a fancy for leek and potato soup.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-03-2019, 12:30 PM

I still haven't managed to buy a leek for my casserole!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 12:37 PM

I still haven't managed to buy a leek for my casserole!

It's the Welsh. They're carrying them around in their top pockets to celebrate St. David's day.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It's the Welsh. They're carrying them around in their top pockets to celebrate St. David's day.
Top pocket! Ha!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 09:08 PM

The blokes actually stick 'em down their trousers to impress the girls. (As long as they remember to stick them down the front of course )

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top