Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 10:36 PM

Stuck in hospital

I've been in hospital for 8 days and, although I realise that I've been very fortunate receiving excellent medical care, the boredom is killing me.

The procedures are few and far between until my stem cell therapy, which could involve multiple trips to another hospital to harvest enough stem cells for a transplant. My chemo is finished until the next round.

Some would regard the time as a luxury but it grates on me. I have an iPad and my phone, plus there is a TV in the room. I find it hard to concentrate on anything for long, though. How would you spend the time?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 10:41 PM

Re: Stuck in hospital

Sorry to hear you are back in hospital Ffosse.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 10:52 PM

I've been in since last Wednesday due to the delirium coming back. Even then, I was only out for 5 days previously.

This is my first night back on the forum for a few days as I had trouble remembering my password then getting another one. I like it here, though, which is good but couldn't spend all day on here.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 10:55 PM

Good evening Ffosse, are there other patients to chat with.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

07-03-2019, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Good evening Ffosse, are there other patients to chat with.
No, not really, everyone has their own room. There is a day room but few people ever use it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 11:01 PM

Sorry to hear you're in hospital Ffosse.
Do they have any books to read in there?
I would get someone to get me a wordsearch book as I enjoy that.
If you can watch some youtube videos that may help.
I hope things improve for you soon.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

07-03-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Sorry to hear you're in hospital Ffosse.
Do they have any books to read in there?
I would get someone to get me a wordsearch book as I enjoy that.
If you can watch some youtube videos that may help.
I hope things improve for you soon.
Yes, I have been watching YouTube videos but can't concentrate long enough for a book. Even simple games on my iPad are beyond me. Thanks for your kind wishes.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 11:06 PM

I was in a couple of years ago with gallstone pain. The time flew by in the ward, I did use the day room once I felt a bit better, took my kindle to read in peace n quiet, not used to all those people and their noise. I would have loved a room by myself. Puzzle books are good for passing the time, is there a daily trolly that comes round? They should have them.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

07-03-2019, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I was in a couple of years ago with gallstone pain. The time flew by in the ward, I did use the day room once I felt a bit better, took my kindle to read in peace n quiet, not used to all those people and their noise. I would have loved a room by myself. Puzzle books are good for passing the time, is there a daily trolly that comes round? They should have them.
I've had pancreatitis so know that pain.

Yes, there is a trolley and a shop close by. They never run out of giving you tea, coffee and biscuits. The food is good, too.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 11:11 PM

Interesting work you do reading your profile.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top