Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 10:49 AM

International women's Day v Non specific gender!

I'm confused!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Re: International women's Day v Non specific gender!

How can anyone be celebrating International Women's day when we are not allowed to mention someone's gender?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...womens-rights/

There was also a Labour politician on this morning saying that she will be campaigning for a female Labour leader. As good as getting rid of Corby sounds, how can she say that? Surely the job should go to the right person and should not be based their gender?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 11:12 AM

God forbid they put Dianne Abbott, Emily Thornberry or Emma Dent Coad into the frame for Labour leader. The present incumbent is bad enough.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How can anyone be celebrating International Women's day when we are not allowed to mention someone's gender?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...womens-rights/

There was also a Labour politician on this morning saying that she will be campaigning for a female Labour leader. As good as getting rid of Corby sounds, how can she say that? Surely the job should go to the right person and should not be based their gender?
Spot on!
I'm all for equal opportunity legislation but you legislate to MAKE people equal.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 11:27 AM

I'm pretty offended that anybody would think that women need an international day of recognition.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I'm pretty offended that anybody would think that women need an international day of recognition.
Well, yes and no.

Given how many notable women there have been in history whose works and talents are only just now being made public, my feeling is that the pendulum may have to swing a little bit further before it can be allowed to settle in the midpoint.

I mean, we still don't often get equal numbers of men and women on HIGNFY or QI yet!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:16 PM

Today I shall be mainly gender fluid.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-03-2019, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Today I shall be mainly gender fluid.
I'll drink to that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 02:20 PM

A day like national womens day is great to show young girls what they can achieve because sadly many still think things are denied to them. If men want a day too nothing stopping them arranging one although as they have been the dominant gender for many years I don't think they need it quite as badly as women do.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'll drink to that.
You buying?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top