Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:47 PM

Parties that you've held

Perhaps you've never held a party, but I vividly remember my 28th in 1994. There were about 30 people there with lots of booze and cannabis for those who partook.

There was an 11 year old boy there, too, one of someone's sons who had no place else to be. I managed to hook him up with my flatmates games console so he didn't have nothing to do whilst the adults were enjoying themselves.

I can't remember many parties, and this was my only Birthday party that I can remember holding.

Have you held many parties in your life?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:59 PM

Re: Parties that you've held

A few but not Boozey Affairs. We had some of our friends over who liked Linedance and had a Line dance Barbie several times over the summers that I was teaching it. Was still living in Perth then. Usually some neighbours heard the music and arrived round to join us. Fair enjoyed those times.
These days, it's sometimes Dinner Parties for 6 of us who are close friends. Bad weather it's inside and hot weather it's Barbies on a Sunday afternoon.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	line dance party 3.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	8957   Click image for larger version

Name:	line dance party.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	8958   Click image for larger version

Name:	pash at line dance party 2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	8959  
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 01:11 PM

That's good that you still hold dinner parties and BBQs.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 01:12 PM

Love the dog.
I had a disasterous one back in my early 20's. Parents were away & had left me & my younger brother alone. I invited a lot of my friends, but unbeknown to me my bro had also invited his friends, mixed age parties do not work, it was horrendous, the teens got drunk & the mess was awful. We were trying to clear up the next day when my Parents came home unexpectedly early. You can imagine what happened then. Never again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 02:03 PM

Our parties tend to be kid friendly affairs, picnics with games or kite flying, garden parties with nice food and chat etc. Or we've done loads of fancy dress and themed ones, funniest have been sci fi related star trek or babylon 5 really were hysterically funny.

It's our 35th wedding anniversary on Sunday we are having a party Saturday evening as Nate's working Sunday night. It's going to be a 1984 themed one I am looking forward to seeing what people come wearing will they chose the book or the year ? To avoid complaints about noise we have had to invite the neighbours but I am hoping not too many come as nice as they are they don't always get our friends and relatives sense of humours.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 07:06 PM

Yes since living on my own lots of parties with girlfriends , all bringing a plate and a bottle so delicious food and drink in abundance. No loud music , just chatter and laughs. No one gets drunk, any left over food and drink gets shared out and taken home. I love giving dinner parties too , good friends and good food .

My granddaughter said to me "nan , you love having sit down parties " which made me laugh because we are all old !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 07:14 PM

In the 1970’s when l was first married, we had a party which our friends and neighbours attended.
It was really a good party and it was the first time l tasted ‘Bull’s Blood’ wine!
In the early hours, I remember one of the guests being driven down the road. He was sitting on the bonnet of the car and eating the remainder of a big bowl of coleslaw!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 08:54 PM

Late 60s <> early 80s ... a boozy druggy time. I remember parties, mostly. Mostly one big party.

......There was an 11 year old boy there ... had no place else to be. I managed to hook him up with my flatmates games console so he didn't have nothing to do whilst the adults were enjoying themselves.

I can't remember many parties, and this was my only Birthday party that I can remember holding.
Hey Ffosse . . . good man.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 09:07 PM

In the late 60's and all through the 70's, it was the norm around our way to have house parties. We held and went to some real belters. Dancing music and drink. All the neighbours were invited.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 09:08 PM

Two BFFs and I held a very memorable party in the mid 80s at one friend's parents' house when they were away. I think we were in our late teens.
Unfortunately one friend gave tickets to all the guys she met on a bus and all these strangers turned up! So our male friends and these guys were eyeballing each other ready to go fisticuffs. People were getting extremely drunk. The next day there was a lot of clearing up to do and sore heads to nurse. I've been to many all night raves in my youth but that was one of the rowdiest.

I used to have birthday parties every year. The last big house party I held was for my 41st which was really nice, but we do still have barbeques. It's much easier if you're not the host though...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top