Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 04:10 PM

Nachos

I've had these two days running and the ones I ate yesterday in the pub were crap compared with the ones I ate today in my local bistro.

They had about 3 different kinds of cheese layered in between the corn chips and separate side dishes of salsa, sour cream and guacamole.

Close to my favourite meal ever, only just eclipsed by beef stroganoff with rice.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 04:15 PM

Re: Nachos

I love trying different foods, but I have never found any nachos that I like -Aapart from having a nibble at one here and there I don't bother with them. The ones you had sound a bit different Ffosse, but I don't think I could make a meal of them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by ffosse ->
i've had these two days running and the ones i ate yesterday in the pub were crap compared with the ones i ate today in my local bistro.

they had about 3 different kinds of cheese layered in between the corn chips and separate side dishes of salsa, sour cream and guacamole.

close to my favourite meal ever, only just eclipsed by beef stroganoff with rice.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Don't sit on the fence Joe

I don't eat nachos that often. No reason why to be honest but I do enjoy enchiladas so perhaps I'll get a few nachos next time to eat with those
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 06:08 PM

Nachos are great if a little messy.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 06:29 PM

Nachos are not a healthy food Ffosse ! And I wouldn't call them a meal as such, just a snack really. That said, if you are going to snack, then tortilla chips are better than a lot of other things you could snack on. I find Sainsbury's own tortilla chips are pretty good. Salty enough to be tasty, no sugar and just made of maize with of course some fat content from frying.

Haven't had nachos for years though. Not something I would order from a restaurant. It's not like it requires any cooking skill so why pay a premium for someone to give you what is really a bag of crisps with cheese melted on top??
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 07:41 PM

Take a couple of tortillas aka "wraps" and use kitchen scissors to cut them into, well Nacho shape and flash fry them in fairly hot oil.

Simples!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top