Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 08:24 AM

Re: Would You ‘Shop’ Your Neighbours?

People, people, people - think !!! - Its likely the Police either know or suspect these premises anyway and are keeping a watch on it, which means the immediate neighbourhood has got to be one of the safest in town since there will be, even if surruptitiously, a police presence nearby - therefore, whilst they are there, you as an immediate neighbour, are unlikely to be burgled or mugged.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 08:29 AM

This is true.

Someone I know, looked out of her window to see a burning house. The firefighters arrived and discovered marijuana growing in the loft (probably how the fire had started in the first place). The streets were filled with people singing 'Blowin' in the wind'.

OK, I made the last bit up but everyone involved wore breathing apparatus.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
People, people, people - think !!! - Its likely the Police either know or suspect these premises anyway and are keeping a watch on it, which means the immediate neighbourhood has got to be one of the safest in town since there will be, even if surruptitiously, a police presence nearby - therefore, whilst they are there, you as an immediate neighbour, are unlikely to be burgled or mugged.
What's a 'police presence' I haven't seen one of those... not without a speed gun anyway.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No Primus, They have to pay you, to keep your silence. You can call the shots!
Whaaa, they pay me,,,!! Ok when do I start,,, not sure about the shooting, might be able to make a catapult...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 08:48 AM

No way, my next door neighbour bar one is a policeman.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
No way, my next door neighbour bar one is a policeman.

You're unlucky, I have one living in the top flat (two floors above me).
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 12:14 PM

If a neighbour built something in their back garden which was an eyesore - I would blow it up and then report that someone had been littering and I knew where they were. I don't like to see littering.
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

13-04-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What's a 'police presence' I haven't seen one of those... not without a speed gun anyway.
Police presents are what they buy each other when one of them gets more speeding fines issued than the others.....

OK, l'll get me hat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 03:26 PM

I would but, I wouldn't tell anyone (I'm a "Secret Shopper).
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

13-04-2019, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by BritGuyUSA ->
Police presents are what they buy each other when one of them gets more speeding fines issued than the others.....

OK, l'll get me hat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, we know quite a few American police have a reputation for corruption, amongst other things.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top