Join for free
Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 12:57 PM

Re: Ignored

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I know, Mupsy. I meant I've changed my name to 'No-one'.

Whoops

Hey, I rowed over yesterday with some spare tomato plants for you, but Mrs. P. ignored me.

I've left 'em by your back door.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Whoops

Hey, I rowed over yesterday with some spare tomato plants for you, but Mrs. P. ignored me.

I've left 'em by your back door.
No, she didn't ignore you. We were out all day yesterday.
Thanks for the tomatoes, she planted them today.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 01:51 PM

There are two types of being ignored, the first is when we put people on ignore purposely; for me personally, I find it to be a useful way of not losing my temper with certain people and then getting getting nasty enough to embarrass myself later on.

The second, which is most common, is where there are so many posts to read that it is impossible to reply to all of them and if you do, you end up dominating the end of the thread. Sometimes I read a post and want to reply but by the time I have read a further thirty or more posts I have forgotten about it.

When I first joined, there were about one and a half pages of unread posts, now there are 15 because I cannot keep up. If we had a 'like' button, we could at least acknowledge the post.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There are two types of being ignored, the first is when we put people on ignore purposely; for me personally, I find it to be a useful way of not losing my temper with certain people and then getting getting nasty enough to embarrass myself later on.

The second, which is most common, is where there are so many posts to read that it is impossible to reply to all of them and if you do, you end up dominating the end of the thread. Sometimes I read a post and want to reply but by the time I have read a further thirty or more posts I have forgotten about it.

When I first joined, there were about one and a half pages of unread posts, now there are 15 because I cannot keep up. If we had a 'like' button, we could at least acknowledge the post.
Perfectly said, Longie.
*Consider yourself Liked*
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Perfectly said, Longie.
*Consider yourself Liked*
Thanks Righty.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
how do you even know if you are being ignored?

I mean, the fact that a comment you made is not replied to, doesn't mean you are being deliberately ignored . . . Does it?

I don't answer every single post on this forum, surely no one does, it is not possible, even if you sat here all day and night.
So lots of people could say i am ignoring them, but it is certainly not deliberate.

For example, loads of threads i don't even bother to go into - like the 'b' threads for example, but it is because i am not interested in all the stooopid arguments there. If the same person posted elsewhere, he/she would probably get a response from me.

I would think if someone was truly, deliberately ignoring you, you would probably know why, then it is up to you what you want to do about it. Either speak to them direct if you care enough, or else let 'em get on with it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
there are two types of being ignored, the first is when we put people on ignore purposely; for me personally, i find it to be a useful way of not losing my temper with certain people and then getting getting nasty enough to embarrass myself later on.

The second, which is most common, is where there are so many posts to read that it is impossible to reply to all of them and if you do, you end up dominating the end of the thread. Sometimes i read a post and want to reply but by the time i have read a further thirty or more posts i have forgotten about it.

When i first joined, there were about one and a half pages of unread posts, now there are 15 because i cannot keep up. If we had a 'like' button, we could at least acknowledge the post.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 10:35 PM

I agree with you LD, I'm very much favour the idea of a Like Button.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I agree with you LD, I very much favour the idea of a Like Button.
Like! Me too
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I agree with you LD, I very much favour the idea of a Like Button.

Why?

What's wrong with just using the . . .
That means the same, doesn't it?

Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top