Join for free
Page 18 of 22 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 09:11 AM

Re: Ignored

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
From my point of view, it's a matter of degree. I joined this site three days ago and so far I have been ignored. No never mind for me. IT's 3 days..it's Easter..Nobody knows me..yet. I'd be some narcissist is I expected a flood of attention after three days. :/ But if I was here for three years, reached out, made comments, tried to make friends, and I was still ignored, well yeah I would probably think about it a bit. Ask myself why and try to find out. If I got nowehere still, I'd quit and go somewhere else. In any event I wouldn't get in a twist about it. )
Hello Keezoy , it helps if you introduce yourself here...
https://www.over50sforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
that way people know you have arrived..
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 09:11 AM

From my point of view, it's a matter of degree. I joined this site three days ago and so far I have been ignored. No never mind for me. IT's 3 days..it's Easter..Nobody knows me..yet. I'd be some narcissist is I expected a flood of attention after three days. :/ But if I was here for three years, reached out, made comments, tried to make friends, and I was still ignored, well yeah I would probably think about it a bit. Ask myself why and try to find out. If I got nowehere still, I'd quit and go somewhere else. In any event I wouldn't get in a twist about it. )
They ignored me too .... before I posted my first message.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Does it bother you?

Being ignored on a forum?
Water off a ducks back as they say.

I say my piece and if it gets no reply's it don't bother me one bit.
I just go to another thread and try to annoy somebody else. Or return to my music
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 09:41 AM

Being ignored on a forum means absolutely nothing to me. It's being ignored in conversatio by my real friends that is annoying.
For example if you're talking about something and the other person interrupts and starts saying his own thing without letting you finish. That irritates the hell out of me and I often raise my voice slightly, put my index finger up to regain his attention and say "Let me finish!"
I detest rude and loud people who demand all the limelight as if nobody else's conversation is important.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 09:41 AM

Hi Meg
I have tried to do this but I don't know how. Everything I try I just get the message that I "don't have permission"..??...Can I get some help?
Thanks
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 09:42 AM

Hi keezoy, That was really sad to read and l feel really guilty.
I think the only way to get noticed, is by posting. Which you have and now we know you exist!
I do hope you like it on here but if l were you, l would be off down to Coogee beach. Are you near there? My son lives a 10 minute walk from there and he goes there a lot with his partner and new baby.
I’ll tell him to look out for you! I hope you enjoy this forum.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 10:02 AM

Hi Meg
I have tried to do this but I don't know how. Everything I try I just get the message that I "don't have permission"..??...Can I get some help?
Thanks
Hello Keezoy so sorry you are feeling ignored, it is most likely because members do not realise you are a new member here.

If you click on the link that Meg gave you for the Introduction Thread - https://www.over50sforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
- then click on New Thread in the orange box above the list of posts, you can then post your introduction message for all to see. I'm sure our members will give you a great welcome to the site.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Being ignored on a forum means absolutely nothing to me. It's being ignored in conversatio by my real friends that is annoying.
For example if you're talking about something and the other person interrupts and starts saying his own thing without letting you finish. That irritates the hell out of me and I often raise my voice slightly, put my index finger up to regain his attention and say "Let me finish!"
I detest rude and loud people who demand all the limelight as if nobody else's conversation is important.
I totally agree Floydy..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 10:51 AM

Welcome,keezoy,..I see you put family number 1!!!

Same here!.family for first,second and third.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 11:11 AM

I am sorry Keezoy feels like this, and I'll put my hand up and say it's probably partly my fault.

This gentleman asked me to befriend him.
Please try to see things from a woman's point of view here.

Keezoy had only been here 2 days at the time. He had never posted, made no introduction, and never even spoken to me. I had no idea who he was, so felt it safer to say No.

Keezoy, I tried to PM you and explain why it made me a little nervous, but you could not receive PM's yet, so there was nothing I could do.
I am sure you are a very nice man, but we can't get to know you if you don't post.

I am sorry for bringing this out in the open, and also if I upset you, but I was playing safe, that's all. No harm meant.

Page 18 of 22 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top