Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 01:50 PM

Re: Poor little boy

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, l read it was the mother’s friend who owned the dog who was 15 miles away. Apparently, she and dog were bloodstained and were trying to get home to Plymouth.

..but then again, that might even just be hearsay?
No you are right Art, my mistake, but the woman & dog must have been with them before she escaped.

These are the rules on leaving children alone :-

children under 12 are rarely mature enough to be left alone for a long period of time
children under 16 shouldn’t be left alone overnight
babies, toddlers and very young children should never be left alone.

I would love to hear the inquest on who was responsible for this, but I suspect the dog, the family & the friend all played a part in this child's death!

I feel sorry for the people who could hear him screaming & had to contact the police, because they may have been able to save the boy if they could have got in to the caravan.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 01:51 PM

Apparently, police are to do a DNA test on the dog to confirm it's breed??? Why is that necessary? Does that mean if it is part Staff, it will be put down but if it is part Poodle it will be allowed to live?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Apparently, police are to do a DNA test on the dog to confirm it's breed??? Why is that necessary? Does that mean if it is part Staff, it will be put down but if it is part Poodle it will be allowed to live?

Perhaps to prosecute the owner if it's a banned breed.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Perhaps to prosecute the owner if it's a banned breed.
I wanted to know which breeds of dog are actually banned & found this article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...the-uk-and-why

I agree in a way, but breeds of dog other than those 4 stated can have rogues that will turn.
Friends had a Cocker Spaniel, called Rusty, love dog usually but he would turn for no reason, he went for me & bit the dustman & finally when he bit their daughter they had him put down, you couldn't trust him & on looking into it, they found he was so inbred it wasn't surprising he'd been like he was.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 02:26 PM

I doubt if it's a banned breed .

There is no such breed as a pit bull for example .
More or less anyone can breed up a pit bull type .
Just cross a Staffie with a mastiff .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It says in the article that the dog was known to have been vicious before and was often seen wearing a muzzle. Where do these people keep the brains?

If that is so, the adults must be out of their minds - or perhaps off their heads on something!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This makes me more ill:

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

I guess we can all relax and not feel ill because this poor lad being mauled by a dog was just a part of God's glorious but unfathomable plan !

Appalling bad taste, Realist.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Appalling bad taste, Realist.
I couldn't agree more.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-04-2019, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I agree Dongle - why?

The only thing I can think of is they are trying to hit the child's carers with keeping a so-called 'Banned breed.'

As you say, what does it matter. The dog has killed, full stop.

Like I said earlier, I don't know how anyone can possible know exactly what happened and why, because one witness died, and the other one can't speak.

There will be a whole lot more to this story yet, although how can people who weren't even there, tell the police what happened?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-04-2019, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I wanted to know which breeds of dog are actually banned & found this article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...the-uk-and-why

I agree in a way, but breeds of dog other than those 4 stated can have rogues that will turn.

Friends had a Cocker Spaniel, called Rusty, love dog usually but he would turn for no reason, he went for me & bit the dustman & finally when he bit their daughter they had him put down, you couldn't trust him & on looking into it, they found he was so inbred it wasn't surprising he'd been like he was.

Very true Tiff.
The 'Dangerous Dogs' Act was the a badly thought out, stupid law.

A lot of folk say "Punish the Deed - not the breed." And that makes more sense to me.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top