Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 07:53 PM

Re: Why are ghosts normally Victorian or Edwardian?

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
There’s a famous story of a guy working in the merchant adventurers house here in York, saw a legion of roman soldiers complete with horses, marching through the basement,
That's different, I like the sound of that. So there are horse ghosts.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
That was me
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Actually, I would be interested to hear what sort of ghosts people have seen.
I'd be interested to see photographs that people have taken.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:14 PM

Unless someone deliberately goes on a so-called ghose-hunting trip, in my experience the majority of us are most unlikely to happen to have a camera to hand just at that moment.

Believe me, when it happens, it is such a shock, the last thing you'd be thinking about is looking for your camera. There wouldn't be time anyway, as - again in my experience - they don't hang about long enough to pose.

There is also a difference between ghosts and spirits believe it or not, but I need to refer back to something first, as I can't remember the details at the mo.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:38 PM

If you have ever visited the war cemeteries in Northern France- I doubt that you haven't felt something that speaks to you of the spirits there. Even without explaining the greater significance of it all- my young children sensed something and just sat quietly looking at the scene for 30 mins without a comment. When we left my son said 'It is sad but quiet Dad'
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
If you have ever visited the war cemeteries in Northern France- I doubt that you haven't felt something that speaks to you of the spirits there. Even without explaining the greater significance of it all- my young children sensed something and just sat quietly looking at the scene for 30 mins without a comment. When we left my son said 'It is sad but quiet Dad'

Yes, I can imagine that feeling Toners.
Some would pick that up more than others too.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:42 PM

Yes, he heard the bugle sounding, and a whole roman legion came marching out of the wall, complete with officer on horseback, he could only see their knees, some years later it was discovered that a roman road ran through the building, much lower than it is now, he mentioned that the soldiers wore green uniforms, carried short swords and small round shields, of course he was ridiculed and not believed, until, some years later, archaeologists uncovered roman remains, complete with...short swords, small round shields, and they identified the uniforms were green, not red as was commonly thought...
It’s a well known story..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-04-2019, 08:52 PM

I don't see why not.
I saw a dog spirit in my garden in about 2006.

Anything that is/was alive has an energy source, else it wouldn't be able to live otherwise.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Unless someone deliberately goes on a so-called ghose-hunting trip, in my experience the majority of us are most unlikely to happen to have a camera to hand just at that moment.

Believe me, when it happens, it is such a shock, the last thing you'd be thinking about is looking for your camera. There wouldn't be time anyway, as - again in my experience - they don't hang about long enough to pose.

There is also a difference between ghosts and spirits believe it or not, but I need to refer back to something first, as I can't remember the details at the mo.

There have been some ghosts on here, they hung about long enough to Prose.
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 10:09 PM

Many years ago, about 60, my wife and I were driving home after visiting her sister. It was almost midnight. We were on a road with houses on either side so the street was fairly well lit.

I was aware of a man walking across the road. He had a trilby on and a light coloured raincoat.

He continued to walk across the road right into the path of the A35 Austin van I was driving. I thought I was going to hit him and had to slow right down to about 10mph.

The man carried on walking right in front of my van but suddenly disappeared. He never reached the other side, my near side, of the street. I was also aware that he had no feet.

I didn't say a word to my wife, I just changed down to second gear and steadily drove on.

After about 200 yards my wife said to me, "Did you see a man crossing the road?"
"Yes", I said, "what happened to him?"
"I don't know" was her reply, "he just disappeared".

I was happy to realize that I wasn't seeing things. Such a weird experience.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top