Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:48 PM

Re: Are the french allegic to water?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't know about smelly, but, I had to tell some French school kids off for luring swans with bread at The Bishop's Moat in Wells, then trying to kick the poor birds!
How horrid of them - well done you, TessA
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
What a horrible thread!

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Why? It is true.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 09:06 PM

Back in the late eighties we had quite a few students that stayed with us as paying guest, we had Swedes, Norwegian Danish, and we had a French girl only the one, and I'm sorry to say that she really did smell quite badly, in the 3 weeks she stayed with us she only bathed 3 times.
We really were glad to see the back of her, regardless to say we never had French students again..
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Went into town today by 'bus. A couple of stops after mine an extremely pretty french woman arrived. Beautifully dressed, impeccable hair and make-up. There were no seats free so she had to stand - and I saw people edge away from her - because she stank!

At the railway station to meet a friend - saw a group of french students waiting for the London train. One of them came and sat near me - I had to move to another bench because she also stank.

In both cases it was part garlic, part cigarettes, but mostly rank BO!
That's it! I'm voting brexit in the next referendum.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 09:15 PM

Are You suggesting that French people don’t bathe enough?
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 09:16 PM

When SOE started to send agents to occupied France during WW2 they realised they would have a problem when sending British agents out and trying to pass themselves off as French - they didn't smell like the French!

At the time garlic was very unusual & exotic, and most Brits had never heard of it, let alone eaten it
So they were issued with garlic chocolate, to be eaten at regular intervals
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Are You suggesting that French people don’t bathe enough?

In a word ….YES..
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 09:23 PM

Ok thank you.
welshlion
Vale of Glam,Wales,U.K.
welshlion is male  welshlion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 09:35 PM

Strange, I never noticed any body odours coming off the French people I have met whilst in France, not even on the French girl I was kissing and caressing on a moonlit Mediterranean beach.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't know about smelly, but, I had to tell some French school kids off for luring swans with bread at The Bishop's Moat in Wells, then trying to kick the poor birds!

Yes, then when the swans retaliated and broke the kids arm, who would have got the blame I wonder?

Mind you Tess, there are probably just as many English kids who have a cruel streak too. Brats.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top