Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 10:21 AM

What do you love about your hobbies?

What gives you pleasure about your hobby?

(No! Not naughty ones! )

Photography is one of my many hobbies, my favourite I think.

I like to take photos, especially as I can't do much art now due to painful hands.

I can take photos indoors, still life, light effects, my pets etc. In the garden there's usually a pretty flower, insect or something.
Further afield, there's scenes, buildings, ghost signs, old junk, lots of lovely interesting things to be spotted.

If it's raining and nowt on TV, there's sorting, editing, trying different effects, just browsing through memories.

What is your hobby? How did you get interested in it? Is it easy to do or does it need special skills?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 10:28 AM

Re: What do you love about your hobbies?

Using my camers, same as you
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 10:43 AM

I dabble a little in taking photos, but the main thing I loved about photos was restoring old ones using Photoshop. I found it very absorbing and time seemed to vanish without me noticing.

Apart from computing, which has occupied me since the mid 80's, my main love is going to the gym and doing a weights workout three times a week. I come out of the gym both physically and mentally relaxed and of course it's handy to keep fit. It also helps me keep the weight off, mainly because I feel so good after a session that I don't need to snack on comfort foods.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 10:44 AM

Much the same as yourself TessA. Somewhat in the same field is making geometric images with drawing/art programs. Also adding shapes and effects to text. Not quite so much into all this as I once was but I still get inspired to turn out a graphic sometimes.

I like to mess around with computers a bit and have just been totally absorbed in getting the best out of a cheap Chinese Android tablet I recently bought. It's kept me quiet for hours.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 11:12 AM

Coming on my computer & reading are two of my hobbies but I also enjoy going to the gym & walking in the countryside.

I particularly enjoy exercise classes aimed at the older age group - they're very friendly and lots of fun.

The other thing I love is container gardening. I like nothing better than getting my hands dirty potting & planting.

I also love spending time with my 6 year old autistic grandson Josh.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 11:18 AM

I love to watch everything growing in the garden,the pure beauty of it all!..oh!..and gardening!..
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 11:43 AM

What do I like most about my hobbies?
They give me a safe place to escape and lose myself
They give me a creative way to express myself safely
They entertain me and make me feel productive
They are calming & liberating to my soul

Hobbies
Music - sax, keyboards, singing
Art- painting (watercolours & acrylics)
Woodworking & woodcarving
Photography
Gardening
Sewing ( although I haven’t done this in a while )
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 12:13 PM

My main hobbies are writing (poetry and short stories), reading (everything),
doing the Times Crossword, dressmaking, jewellery making, and card making. Obviously I don't do all of them all the time, But I find them each relaxing in different ways and (hopefully) they keep my brain active.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 01:16 PM

Any photos folks? I'd love to see what you make etc.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 01:17 PM

Can I post a pic of my garden?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top