Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 01:47 PM

Colour saturation

Just watching the weather forecast on TV and it appears that along with some lovely weather this Easter weekend, Devon will also be getting a lovely Turquoise sea on a par with the Maldives. Either that or someone has ramped up the colour.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 01:55 PM

Re: Colour saturation

You give me a lovely amber hue all over.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 02:08 PM

Earlier this morning I noticed how 'washed-out' the colour was, not sure which channel it was on but maybe this channel is having problems with its settings.

One thing that does annoy me with ITV is when The Jonathan Ross Show is on, not that I watch this regularly, it's just a time filler for late evenings, Jonathan's microphone must be set at a different volume from his guests. Guest's voices are normal volume while his is almost a whisper. It's been like this for ages now, almost since this present series started. Has anyone else noticed this?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Earlier this morning I noticed how 'washed-out' the colour was, not sure which channel it was on but maybe this channel is having problems with its settings.

One thing that does annoy me with ITV is when The Jonathan Ross Show is on, not that I watch this regularly, it's just a time filler for late evenings, Jonathan's microphone must be set at a different volume from his guests. Guest's voices are normal volume while his is almost a whisper. It's been like this for ages now, almost since this present series started. Has anyone else noticed this?
... haven't seen Jonathan Ross in 20 years, didn't know he was still around.

I am familiar with this problem though. On BBC Breakfast Show, one presenter in Manc talks normal to us then turns and shouts at a colleague in the London Studio. Don't know why they imagine this is necessary with modern day communication devices.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 02:53 PM

Yes, Jonathan Ross is still around but was absent for some while due to controversy over phone calls from him and Russell Brand. At one time he was absent from radio too. The BBC were fined £150,000 for the problems with phone calls he made.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...russell-brand1

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-ross-bbc-fine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-10673370

The volume of the adverts gets me too. The usual volume setting is OK for the programme but then adverts come on and the volume booms out. Very annoying keep on have to turn the volume up and down to suit.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 04:16 PM

They need to give Keith Lemon one of those microphones. And that irritating narrator on Come Dine With Me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 04:39 PM

Yes, Jonathan Ross is still around but was absent for some while due to controversy over phone calls from him and Russell Brand. At one time he was absent from radio too. The BBC were fined £150,000 for the problems with phone calls he made.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...russell-brand1

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-ross-bbc-fine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-10673370

The volume of the adverts gets me too. The usual volume setting is OK for the programme but then adverts come on and the volume booms out. Very annoying keep on have to turn the volume up and down to suit.
Don't get me started on the volume of adverts.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-04-2019, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
You give me a lovely amber hue all over.
I've gone all goose pimply d00d like a big pimply goose.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
They need to give Keith Lemon one of those microphones. And that irritating narrator on Come Dine With Me.
Good grief - is that still going?

Last time I saw that was in 2003 when I still had a TV. One of the hosts put her pet snake on the dining table - and it defaecated!

Sort of went off it after that.
Baz46

17-04-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes, definitely agree with you about Keith Lemon.

Can't say I've ever seen Come Dine With Me, checked it out and don't recognise the presenter so perhaps I've not missed much!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top