Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 01:00 PM

Re: Do you make yourself laugh?

Oh Tess I could picture that in my mind.
I fall over most mornings, standing on one leg trying to get my knickers on.
No idea why I never sit.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Oh Tess I could picture that in my mind.
I fall over most mornings, standing on one leg trying to get my knickers on.
No idea why I never sit.
I can’t unread that now....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I can’t unread that now....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 04:31 PM

The roofing side of the story reminded me of when two guys turned up to fit a new ariel. The younger one (the son) went up on the roof to adjust it, the older one (the Dad) rang the son on his mobile so he could tell him what the picture was like on the TV. When the son answered, the dad said 'Hello' where are you?'

Made me laugh anyway.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 06:54 PM

There's nothing like a good bout of hysterics!
LD, my daughter sends me messages asking where I am. I always answer, "Here!" she never learns!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Sounds to me tessa, you are missing a trick...leave you’re bedroom in the state it’s in, and rent it out to the British army as a new assault course...
They'd only be able to go in one at a time Primus, shuffling in sideways!
I am thinking of advertising it as one of those "Locked in a Room" venues though!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Great thread Tessa! So funny
Yes I do stupid things all the time

The week we broke up I had put my apron on one morning as I always. On this particular day I didn't tie it straight away as I was distracted by piles of work emails that needed my attention.
First lesson starts... Year 10s pile in
..and one girl asks me to check her homework.
As i stood up I stood on one of the apron ties so I was caught in a mid sideways stand. Realising it must have looked funny and the poor girl wanted to laugh..I made an even bigger meal of it. I clasped my neck in fake strangulation and gargled "argh I'm being choked!"
Then I sort of giggled
And she laughed hysterically
Then so did her friends
And the more they laughed the more I did!
When I stood in front of the class to start the lesson off properly my introduction was interspersed with helpless bouts of suppressed giggles
The other pupils lookef a bit bemused!
I wish we had teachers like you years ago, Rhian - school would have been so much more fun. I don't think any of our teachers ever smiled in those days.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

18-04-2019, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I wish we had teachers like you years ago, Rhian - school would have been so much more fun. I don't think any of our teachers ever smiled in those days.
Ours were miserable too Mags.
If more teachers made lessons fun children would like their lessons instead of dreading them.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You're right Mags
"Old school" ways have finally been phased out!
Well in the state school comps. I know of at least
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-04-2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ours were miserable too Mags.
If more teachers made lessons fun children would like their lessons instead of dreading them.
My Art teacher made it fun but for all the wrong reasons. That's all I'm saying!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top