Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 11:04 AM

Re: Neighbours!!!!!

I think you have a lot on your plate Twiz and that may be colouring your views at the moment, trouble is we live in a far less polite and nice society these days and we either let it get to us and make us unhappy or bend a little and grin and put up with it to keep ourselves sane/ish.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 11:07 AM

It was the way it was said that they were putting them at the end of the garden to be away from their house! They already have 6 children screaming, shouting every sunny day, why invite a whole class full! I was at the end of my tether before this now I just can't take any more.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 11:12 AM

Have you told them this quietly and nicely ? sometimes people really do not realise what their behaviour is doing to others and just need to be told.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 11:46 AM

I love children too but to have what sounds like a school yard next to your house is not exactly where I would want to live either. I think a quiet word would be best and say something like - I love kids and its great to hear them in the garden BUT is it possible that they play nearer your house as I am unable to get my nap in the afternoon which I require for health reasons. The fencing is nearer to my bedroom window than yours so presume you are unaware of this. See how it goes.
I was more worried about the fires in the garden as you cant disturb your neighbours with fires like that. I found the following about fires in gardens, plus letting children loose with fires near a fence isn't the best is it?
Any damage they have to pay for it.

Can I stop my neighbour burning off?

Burning off any material is prohibited under the Clean Air Act, except for cooking, recreational, agricultural and firefighting purposes.

There are also exceptions for certain local council areas in which garbage is not collected regularly. If your neighbour is burning off, you may report this to your local council or the fire brigade. If the burning off is illegal or within an area subject to a fire prevention order, the council may choose to have the matter prosecuted in a local court.

Hope it soon resolves itself for you
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=Jazzi;303517]I'm still having problems with my upstairs neighbours who rent ( I am a shared owner). I had a continued phone conversation with our housing association on Friday and said 'how dare they, how DARE they...come along and rent, and behave as if they were the only people in the block?!'

She tried to compare their actions with her daughter at home! For crying out loud! I am sending off diary sheets where I've logged all the disturbances from them and she will order sound monitoring equipment, but reckons readings will come back satisfactory.

I asked 'is it satisfactory to deprive somebody of their sleep, night, after night, after night? That they wake me up when coming in, or by just slamming windows shut with a BANG, so I then lie awake for hours stewing in temper?!'

I think I convinced her. Grudgingly.[/QUOTE

Jazzi darlin' - don't put up with it!!! - go over her head straight to your Council's Environmental Health Officer and lodge formal complaint with the noise abatement unit there.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 01:56 PM

I sometimes get mad with my neighbours grown children & Grandkids.
They're all into motorbikes which they keep in my neighbours shed. No tax, no insurance, no licence (grandkids are too young) and no silencers.

They usually clear off and ride on tracks but the noise coming and going is awful. Real trouble is that they're otherwise very nice people. As my daughter puts it, You have to put up with the odd bit of noise because you know that if you need help, they'll be the first to offer it.

Sometimes I think it would be amusing if the police caught them riding on a public road - but you only see the police about once a year.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 02:06 PM

Keep bees
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 06:51 PM

Feel for Twiz - I know how you are feeling, especially when you are stressed out - this is just adding to it. You need to have a good talk with the woman, calmly, if that fails - talk to the housing people, if they're anything like the ones on TV - they will help ......
Best wishes to you darling .......x
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 07:43 PM

I just spoke with the woman who said, "party-on!". I took the opportunity as they asked for their frisbee back! I'm going to buy a fence, not that I can afford it! Our landlord is already dealing with the old guy the other side who is sueing them because my outhouse roof leaked into his utility room and she's told the children who ride around the cars not to do it. I feel like she's going to think I'm moany. I've lived in this road for 10 years & wish I'd never downsized!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 09:27 PM

Let us all take a lesson from this, you can't buy your neighbours.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top