Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

21-06-2012, 02:09 PM

Re: Longest Day Of The Year Today...

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
I always like to take Bonnie out for a very late walk on the longest day of the year, weather permitting, but from memory the last few years has rained so haven't bothered. Am hoping that I can go out tonight.

I hate it when the nights start drawing in and still wondering if we are ever going to get a summer this year!
For the last few years we seem to have had it pleasant early on, like it was in March this year, then a miserable summer to compensate for it!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 02:21 PM

It's gloriously sunny here today, and has been for every June 21st I can remember. I was married at summer solstice in 1975 (divorced in 1998) and our anniversary was always a sunny and warm day.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

21-06-2012, 02:32 PM

Both my husband and eldest daughter's birthday is June 19th. It usually rains on that day. When our daughter was a kid, she never had a birthday party out of doors because of the inclement weather. Even on her 40th birthday, two years ago, when we celebrated on our middle daughter's canal boats in Warwickshire, we had to sit under an awning in their canalside garden for our celebratory meal as it was tipping it down!
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 02:39 PM

When my eldest son was born 16th June 1984 it was a baby boon year and also one of the hottest summers I can recall. It was so hot on the maternity ward that the windows were kept open all night.

Here I am today sitting with my desk lamp on as it's nearly dark and the rain is non stop. It was only last night I was sat in the garden with my grandson enjoying the sun!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top