Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 02:19 PM

Re: Whose responsibility is it?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Primary school 5 years old.
Special Needs? Learning Difficulties? Downs? CP?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Not at all perfectly normal kids just not been taught to toilet by their parents.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Not always
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 03:42 PM

Nothing was ever hidden from my girls. From the very first question it was answered honestly. If you do that at an early age then it becomes second nature and no embarrassment on either side. I never hid my naked body from them either, so they were well aware of the adult female form. My husband however, was too modest and respectful of his daughters let them see him naked.

Parents who haven't toilet trained a five year old, should, in my opinion, be referred to social services to see were they are failing as parents. Because it is a failure of the most basic kind.
Teachers should not have to deal with it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Parents whose children are still in nappies at 5 want there own backsides whacked.
My children were all out of nappies at 16 months.
Of course there were no super easy pampers around
How to parents afford these environmentally unfriendly things for so long?
Some children have problems with toilet training, and it isn't all to do with poor training on the part of the parents.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 05:01 AM

But this problem is NOT about a few children with genuine problems - it's about a large increase in normal children having parents too lazy to toilet train them because it's easier to bung on a disposable nappy.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Some children have problems with toilet training, and it isn't all to do with poor training on the part of the parents.

Two of my grandchildren have had problems in this department , especially at night, when they get caught short, although they don't appear to have specific bladder problems. They were certainly properly toilet trained.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 09:49 AM

Not a very good start for a child to be faced with the embarrassment of wearing a nappy in school, when most of their classmates will have long since been toilet trained.

A sure way for a child to be held up for ridicule and probably will follow them through school life. Children can be very unforgiving.

As I have previously stated, parents who fail to provide the very basics for their children, should be referred to social services.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top