Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 08:10 AM

Re: Ipad battery not lasting long

Realist - I LOVE MY IPAD! REPEAT - I LOVE MY IPAD.

I've had ipads from the moment they came out and wouldn't have anything else a s a tablet. I DON"T CARE what other people think about that. We also have 2 MAC desktops, two other iPads, two iPhones and two iPods - AND I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THAT EITHER. It's my choice.

Here's a useful site that tells you how to save your battery.

http://www.redmondpie.com/top-15-ios...nd-ipad-guide/
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by islandman ->
My ipad is less than two years old. I monitor the battery frequently but yesterday was surprised to find it flat for the first time ever. I gave it a full charge, used the ipad for less than ten minutes, had a five min skype and today it shows 26%, which surprised me, if anything would have expected to see 80%+.

I have removed/deleted recently added webpages from home screen and some rarely used apps and put it on charge again. Once it shows 100%, I will leave it in sleep mode, something I have always done, rarely switching off, and watch what happens.

Have any of you experienced a quicker than normal run down of battery life and how was it resolved?.
Island man, the same thing is happening with my iPad Air that l only purchased about 18 months ago. I don't suppose the battery is covered by the guarantee? Even so, you'd expect with such an expensive item that the battery would be much better than this!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 09:51 AM

Somehow I can't help thinking that some mistakes are being made with the use of the Apple ipad.
Closing apps after use, or you will find your battery running down whilst you are not using it.
Turning the Ipad off with holding your main switch in till you get the rectangular box, then slide to lock and completely shut down.

You can buy a keyboard for ipad and we don't have to carry it everywhere with us, because we still have the onscreen keyboard, also use our wireless mac keyboard from out imac.
Usb on ipad is no problem it is just a plug in device you can buy for a few pence.
so what you can do on a notepad or laptop can be done on the ipad, a great little invention.
Anybody want any help with most devices you can find someone on youtube to give you tutorials to help.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Even so, you'd expect with such an expensive item that the battery would be much better than this!
That's a somewhat naïve expectation TBH but I agree that this is how things ought to be, but they are not.

A device is only as good as the battery that has been installed in it.

Any device, not just iPads. So paying any significant amount of money for a rechargeable device where you can't yourself replace the battery is frankly stupid because the battery will fail before the device does. Any rechargeable device should have a removable battery and one that can be removed simply by the user.

These mega-corporations are masters of palming off old out-dated tech on an unsuspecting, naïve and largely over-trusting public. They've been doing it for years.

I remember vividly when Sky Plus boxes first came out. The largely ignorant public were totally "wowed" by the prospect of being able to pause live TV and to record TV programmes on a hard disk instead of a DVD.

They were so enraptured by the advertising that they bought Sky + units in the thousands for significant cost (with the contracts) and yet those units were ancient. They were pushing them out with 40GB hard drives which would later increase to 80GB. At the same time other manufacturers of PVRs (Personal Video Recorders) such as Humax and Topfield had already been selling hard disk recorders for some years and their boxes had 250GB hard disks and dual tuners meaning you could record 2 different channels at the same time AND also watch a 3rd channel (if it was on the same multiplex) or watch something you had previously recorded.

People have been, and remain, total mugpunter suckers, buying crap hardware and being blinded by the media hype. iPads are no exception imo. You can't remove the battery. That is crazy. You have to pay someone else to do that unless you are tech savvy and prepared to break open your pad.

Buying computers without the standard accessories would be fine if the price of the products were reduced accordingly, but they are not. So people are paying more for less !

You can pick up a superb netbook for around £100 which will come complete with a proper keyboard, USB sockets, HD sockets, approx. 160GB of hard disk storage space, fast WiFi, Bluetooth and long battery life 11+ hrs per day etc.

How much are saps paying for iPads ? !!!!!

With no proper keyboard, tiny 16GB storage, no USB ports etc etc. It is laughable.

Please will some of these people buy this Eiffel Tower I have for sale!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 08:43 AM

Realist. I will do you a swap. The London eye for your Eiffel Tower.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top