Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 09:34 PM

Deep Toughts

I often wonder what is the meaning of life,We are born helpless and ,in some cases , struggle to survive, we struggle to get upright on two feet, learn to read/ write, do well at school,get a good job and find/make a home, we struggle to pay our way and support our partners and any children, Then we are older and start to struggle with ageing health complaints, worrying how we will cope should we not be able to care for ourselves. Of course along the way there are some good moments , but at the end what have we achieved for the years of struggling,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 09:49 PM

Re: Deep Toughts

Data.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
what have we achieved for the years of struggling,
Some of us struggle better than others!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 10:48 PM

I often wonder what is the meaning of life,We are born helpless and ,in some cases , struggle to survive, we struggle to get upright on two feet, learn to read/ write, do well at school,get a good job and find/make a home, we struggle to pay our way and support our partners and any children, Then we are older and start to struggle with ageing health complaints, worrying how we will cope should we not be able to care for ourselves. Of course along the way there are some good moments , but at the end what have we achieved for the years of struggling,
By heck ..this is profound stuff.
What have we achieved?

Me? Nothing, I'm just along for the ride ... I'm just grateful someone clever was born who invented the internet, ginger nuts biccys and thermal knickers or life night have been unbearable.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 10:58 PM

We have perpetuated the species.
That, really, is our only purpose in life.

All of those millions of people who lived during the Victorian years.
All but a few are completely forgotten - as if they had never existed.

I read once that for every person alive today, 30 people have lived and died.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 10:58 PM

You are a cheerful soul Deylon

It's not the 'arriving' but the getting there that is the important part of living and how we do that is up to the individual.

I think my son and grandchildren are my 'achievement'.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 11:58 PM

We are born then life kicks you in the teeth until we die.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
We are born then life kicks you in the teeth until we die.
Oh .. that's why we all end up with dentures.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 07:20 AM

Some of us have these sorts of thoughts all the time, some don't. It's something in your psyche you can't change. Absolutely no use people telling you to cheer up, pull yourself together and get on with life. Lucky are those who can but not all are capable of it and sometimes it also depends on intelligence and education. Who said "thinking is the curse of the intelligent classes?

http://mentalfloss.com/article/58230...or-weltschmerz
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 07:30 AM

A bit of angst is good for you, when the shit hits the fan, at least you'll recognise it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top