Join for free
Page 13 of 46 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 03:17 PM

Re: General Brexit discussion posts split from 'How did you vote thread'

I was thinking of the US where he wanted to improve his public persona.

I have an Australian friend who just thinks Farage is...odd. Many have spotted he rely doesn't understand the points system.
China would prefer the UK to stay in the EU for access to markets. I doubt if China take Farage very seriously...just an observation.

He is fundamentally seen as not very important in major trading countries.
Nigel Who?
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As he's ours I am not really interested in what any other country thinks of him, luckily we appreciate difference still and I see nige as a bit of an English eccentric long may he continue to put our country first.
Like putting the country into the hands of a working man's Bertie Wooster.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
He's not pm so no not like putting him in charge of anything. He deserves a medal for getting us closer to the exit though, a day I never thought would come.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 03:34 PM

Except he does not have Bertie's inbuilt integrity.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 03:49 PM

Maybe Farage didn't persuade the people to vote leave, he listened to them, as all politicians should do!
The majority of people, who cared enough to vote, made a decision that he agreed with.... and that is why he won the public's respect.
I expect the Brexit vote was a good reminder, to our politicians, that they are our servants, so should do what the people want. After all that is what democracy means!
I just hope that the losers of the vote will now reunite, as a whole country, and do their best to achieve a good outcome, instead of still complaining ..... because it won't change the referendum result, but working together could improve the outcome!
Flicker
France

29-12-2016, 02:32 PM

Farage didn't listen to them...he told them what to think. He did it to further his own image.
He lied to them, used publicity in a shameful way (even for a politician) and abused and exploited the ills of the country by blaming them on the EU.

Instead of telling the people that every regulation passed down to the countries have to be approved of by the country before it can be passed, he told you that the EU imposes rules.
A clear and disgraceful lie.
Instead of telling you that immigration is essential for the UK to make a profit and actually function, he stirred up hatred for any newcomer to the country.
He suggested points systems that were so impractical that the new govt threw them out within a week of taking office.
He is a charlatan...a false prophet. He is now wandering in the wilderness.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 03:09 PM

So Flicker, you think that British people do exactly what our politicians tell us to, do you?
It may surprise you to know that the majority of British politicians wanted to remain in the EU, including our past and present prime ministers and the leader of the labour party. It would have made their jobs easier, and politicians don't like hard work!
If Farage had wanted to tell us what to do, why did he hand over control of UKIP, when he could easily have become our next prime minister? His understanding of what British people wanted made him popular with a large number of Tory and Labour voters, but after the referendum he left his position as UKIP leader..... that doesn't sound like somebody who wanted to tell us all what to think.
Do you really think that a charlatan...a false prophet who is now wandering in the wilderness, would try further his own image by turning down an opportunity to be the leader of his country, where the majority of the people applauded him for assisting us in getting out of the EU?
Perhaps you would understand things better, if you put aside your own opinions and listened to those who disagree with you. After all you don't live here so have little understanding of what British people's priorities are.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 03:17 PM

Farage didn't listen to them...he told them what to think. He did it to further his own image.
He lied to them, used publicity in a shameful way (even for a politician) and abused and exploited the ills of the country by blaming them on the EU.

Instead of telling the people that every regulation passed down to the countries have to be approved of by the country before it can be passed, he told you that the EU imposes rules.
A clear and disgraceful lie.
Instead of telling you that immigration is essential for the UK to make a profit and actually function, he stirred up hatred for any newcomer to the country.
He suggested points systems that were so impractical that the new govt threw them out within a week of taking office.
He is a charlatan...a false prophet. He is now wandering in the wilderness.
I can't be doing with this continuous bellicose bile .. and I can't ignore the woman's ravings as she's like a crud of dog muck stuck on the bottom of my shoe ... so ...

I'll take this opportunity to wish Everyone have a happy 2017. (except Flicker).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I can't be doing with this continuous bellicose bile .. and I can't ignore the woman's ravings as she's like a crud of dog muck stuck on the bottom of my shoe ... so ...

I'll take this opportunity to wish Everyone have a happy 2017. (except Flicker).
I agree, so do as I do: don't try to reason with her. It is not possible to reason with the unreasonable.

I have successfully managed to ignore her (without resorting to the ignore button) for days now. It is quite easy if you accept that she offers nothing of any interest or importance.
Flicker
France

29-12-2016, 04:07 PM

Perhaps you would understand things better, if you put aside your own opinions and listened to those who disagree with you

Indeed:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38459135

which includes.

Brexit is the firing gun on a decade of disruption," the report said.
"Even as what we do and how we work changes, the UK is likely to remain trapped in a low growth, low interest rate decade driven by demographic shifts, productivity trends, weak investment, weak labour power, high levels of debt, and the headwinds of a slowing global economy.

are you listening? Or are you going to shut your ears and call it rubbish because you don't like it?

Page 13 of 46 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top