Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 06:28 PM

Re: A little bit of good news yay!

My daughter was prescribed a medicine last year, one of the side effects was "sudden, unexplained death"!!!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 06:37 PM

You're kiddin me !!!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
My daughter was prescribed a medicine last year, one of the side effects was "sudden, unexplained death"!!!!!!

She took it ?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 05:24 PM

Further 'good news' although this is not on the cholesterol front, but on the Diabetes front. I was booked in for my annual diabetic clinic at the hospital tomorrow afternoon. But on Saturday I received two letters, (yes two talk about wasting money) one which cancelled tomorrows appointment, and one which gave a new one for January. My immediate reaction was panic, as this would mean that this would be a little over 18 months between appointments.

I rang surgery explained the situation and asked if they could fit me into one of their diabetic clinics. The young lady took my details and said she would ring back. And around ten minutes later she did. Apparently when they did the blood tests back in March they also did one of those which can back-check three months sugar/insulin, and it seems I was more than 'well under control' and thus it was deemed unnecessary to see me again.

My question is though, what am I doing right? Because as far as I can see my life style has barely altered since the initial hyperglycaemic attack which led to the diagnoses?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 05:51 PM

Oh yeah... I'd take that.. Along with the things that cause sudden and uncontrolled explosive diarrhea. NOT...
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 06:41 PM

May be the NHS will have come to a complete end by next year!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 09:06 PM

Just to update: it got taken........back to the chemist!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 02:11 PM

Just to update: it got taken........back to the chemist!
Ya know it makes sense .....

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top