Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 07:12 AM

Very Worrying Development

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tastrophe.html

This could lead to all out war in the ME. If so I really hope we will not be dragged into it. Scary stuff
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 07:38 AM

Re: Very Worrying Development

Very scary - considering how depleted our forces are already.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 07:44 AM

Unusually little coverage on the BBC etc.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Agent ->
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tastrophe.html

This could lead to all out war in the ME. If so I really hope we will not be dragged into it. Scary stuff

We are into it already.

Interesting what the American/our reaction will be if it gets serious.

IS is Sunni which we want to see wiped out.

Iran/Iraq are mostly Shia

Think the Shia are feeling threatened and Iran more so.

Does Iran have a Nuclear weapon.

Will this affect the new accord between the US and Iran.

Will this spread to the UK with Sunni and Shia killing one another on our streets.

Interesting times.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 08:09 AM

We are dealing with religious nutters.

Yes, most people supporting ISIS believe that Jesus will return to support the caliphate. But there are some things you have to understand before analyzing such a belief (sorry if this is too long).

Both Sunni and Shi'i Muslims believe in the return of Jesus, much like Christians do. In fact, it is a requirement in Islam to believe that Jesus is the Messiah. And the return of Jesus is actually one of many events that are believed to occur in Islamic eschatology. So there are other mainstream, Islamic End-Time beliefs as well, such as the arrival of the Anti-Christ (Masih ad-Dajjal or "The False Messiah"), the arrival of the Mahdi, and other major signs of the Day of Judgement.

UnQuote.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 09:36 AM

Yes the totally mad fighting the totally mad.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 11:17 AM

The more I hear about the state of the world the more I want to pull up the drawbridge and retreat from the world..
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 11:36 AM

The whole of the Arab or Moslem world is in a complete mess, from Morocco on the Atlantic coast, all across North Africa, through the Middle East and into the various -stans.
If they're not actually fighting each other then it's just simmering under the surface

I don't think Western countries should get involved, except to prevent it spreading beyond such countries into more civilised & stable ones, and leave them to stew in their own juice.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The more I hear about the state of the world the more I want to pull up the drawbridge and retreat from the world..
Me too, Meg.
Agent
north east

27-03-2015, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Me too, Meg.
A very very good idea

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top