Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2011, 01:21 AM

Re: My Hatti girl......

I wish you'd been with me once Merz, a very long time ago, when I saw the sorriest sight I'd ever seen in my life of a little dog wandering the streets.

It was a Saturday afternoon and I'd gone shopping for my mum at our local shops. There was a little flea-bitten, tatty excuse for a little dog and everybody around looked shocked to see it in such a state.

People were throwing food to it, which was probably not the best thing to do considering its condition, but they were being kind.

If I'd had a belt on me, or something I could have put around his neck, I'd have taken him home with me, but I didn't, and I'd no car then. When I got home I burst out crying and my mum asked me what was wrong and I told her. She was no more a doggy person than me, but she said I should have brought him home. I didn't have the means though, and that has haunted me now for about 40 years.

I'm only telling you this story so that you'll know how much I understand why Hatti found such a wonderful, caring person to look after her. She's a very lucky girl, and so are you. x

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top