Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2010, 09:14 PM

You don't always get what you pay for!!!!!!

Was in need of new tea towels so bought three new ones the other day in town from a good textile shop. They seemed a really good buy, reduced from £6.99 to £4.99 each and good quality until I washed them this morning. Put them on a delicate wash, along with few other things and couldn't believe it when I took them out of the washer, they were the size of dusters

Took them back to the shop today and was told I must have washed them on a boil wash!!!!! Argued the point but to no avail-definitely know I didn't boil them, so now I must have the most expensive dusters in the street!!!!!!!!! So it just goes to show, you don't always get what you pay for
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2010, 09:51 PM

Re: You don't always get what you pay for!!!!!!

I would ring the trading standards up - they will make a note of it and if it happens to anyone else least they can see it's happened before
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2010, 10:29 PM

Have to pass the shop again tomorrow, so going in once more. If no joy, intend contacting trading standards-thanks Azz
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2010, 10:41 PM

That's poor service, Merz ...... they have obviously not heard of Customer Care

Good luck tomorrow, I hope they are more reasonable with you this time and you get a refund...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 02:03 AM

Not good customer service at all! Hope you have better luck Friday; do let us know.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 08:18 AM

I would ask to see the manager of the shop and explain what has happened and that you are not satisfied by the treatment that you got the first time. If nothing is forthcoming inform the manager that you are taking your complaint to the Trading Standards to see what they think.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 08:21 AM

At the very least they could offer your money back and an apology, they aren't fit for the purpose you bought them for. Good luck in your next try.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 08:52 AM

They should have offered you your money back, or a replacement! You have rights. As others have said contact Trading Standards Office if you don't get satisfaction from the shop.

Hope you get a refund.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 03:02 PM

Tired of over crowded drawers? No space? Get the amazing shrinking towels from JLM*-yes just one wash and they fit into the smallest space.

*Also make a great Christmas present for the doll`s house.

Take them back and don`t stand for any bullshit-boil wash indeed-and I suppose you put them through the mangle afterwards-or would that have stretched them?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 04:43 PM

'Tired of over crowded drawers? No space? Get the amazing shrinking towels from JLM*-yes just one wash and they fit into the smallest space."

LOL, OG, were you an advertising copywriter in another life? That is sooo funny!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top