Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 04:46 PM

Re: You don't always get what you pay for!!!!!!

DM my wife always tells me I missed my vocation-but I do it to poke fun. I would have been sacked within weeks
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 09:02 PM

Weeks?? More like days, but I'd love to have read some of your copy!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 09:29 PM

OG, your post was very funny and I remember mangles...

Went back to the shop today with the 'dusters' and receipt and asked to speak to Manager, who apparently wasn't in yesterday. Explained situation again to her and requested an apology and a full refund, and if these were not forthcoming, I was going to contact Trading Standards.

I was taken back when she told me there was no need to contact Trading Standards as it was shop policy that a full refund or replacement will be made if a customer was not satisfied with goods bought. Asked why the member of staff who dealt with me yesterday was not aware of this and she said all staff should know and as manager she would make sure that they all did for future.

The outcome was an apology, my money back and as a goodwill gesture on their part three more tea towels-not the same ones though I hasten to add, and they have washed perfectly. So now I have got what I paid for-good outcome
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 09:51 PM

Glad it all worked out satisfactory, Merz
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 09:54 PM

Aaaah, a happy ending! Glad it was properly sorted. A pity it took two trips and a threat of follow-up to get satisfaction.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Glad it all worked out satisfactory, Merz
Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Aaaah, a happy ending! Glad it was properly sorted. A pity it took two trips and a threat of follow-up to get satisfaction.
All's well that ends well Hopefully customer care will be at the top of their list in future........
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2010, 01:15 AM

Im horrified that anyone would pay a fiver for 1 tea towel!! Thats a sack of chicken feed for heavens sake!

Gobsmacked of West Wales
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2010, 07:08 PM

I wonder if I would get a box of Club biscuits on the basis that I am unhappy that the chocolate has shrunk?
Damn!! I remember when that chocolate coating was at least a 1/4inch thick!!! and don't even get me started on Mars Bars!!
Trading Standards should get that tape measure used!!
June x
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

03-07-2010, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Im horrified that anyone would pay a fiver for 1 tea towel!! Thats a sack of chicken feed for heavens sake!

Gobsmacked of West Wales
Don't normally pay that much for tea towels Cassie, but these looked really nice and good quality, and every now and again I like to treat myself-even if it is only tea towels

Hope you've recovered from the shock
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2010, 05:24 AM

Good result maybe they will now train the assistants in customer care, shame it took a firm stand on your part to get it right though. OG we love your quips, at least they are all good fun.
Don't get me started on shrinking packets either June, same price same wrapping but its like the elusive packet of salt at the bottom of crisps are you going to find anything to eat?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top