Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 09:49 PM

Hatti at the Vets again!

Took Sam (Brother's lab.) to vets yesterday and today was Hatti's turn!!!!! Sam has very inflammed ears and Hatti has infection in both ears Both have been given ear drops. I have no problems putting them into Hatti's ears but Sam is a nightmare-he fights me all the way, so its a daily visit to the vets for him for a Nurse to put them in while I hold him. Have to do this because if the drops don't go right down he's going to really suffer with his ears.

Didn't think I would be visiting them so soon again!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 10:02 PM

Re: Hatti at the Vets again!

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Merz

Do you know what caused the infection in both their ears?
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 10:03 PM

Poor Hatti, good she lets you treat her with the drops, what a good girl....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh dear, sorry to hear that Merz

Do you know what caused the infection in both their ears?
She has got allergies Mags....different weeds, grasses etc. Think that 'something' has now come into bloom, as it were, and affected her ears and eyes. Use eyedrops all year round to keep her eyes moist and comfortable. She suffers most from end of March to end November.

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Poor Hatti, good she lets you treat her with the drops, what a good girl....
She is very good Moli-she just sits there and lets me put the drops in-course she always gets a treat after
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
She has got allergies Mags....different weeds, grasses etc. Think that 'something' has now come into bloom, as it were, and affected her ears and eyes. Use eyedrops all year round to keep her eyes moist and comfortable. She suffers most from end of March to end November.
I suppose it's a bit similar to hayfever in humans in a way .....
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 10:51 PM

She is very good Moli-she just sits there and lets me put the drops in-course she always gets a treat after
Bless her, you have a good one there Merz.....I did ear cleaning this morning, Tara saw the bottle and disappeared into the garden under the hedge
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

04-08-2010, 10:54 PM

I suppose it's a bit similar to hayfever in humans in a way .....
It is as far as her eyes and ears go. She does have an immunotherapy injection every month which has helped her enormously, as she's also allergic to house-dust mites and storage mites. (Also has food allergy!) Before she started injections she used to be scratching herself all the time and chewing at her legs and paws making them bleed-doesn't really do any of this now thanks to the injections
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

04-08-2010, 10:57 PM

It is as far as her eyes and ears go. She does have an immunotherapy injection every month which has helped her enormously, as she's also allergic to house-dust mites and storage mites. (Also has food allergy!) Before she started injections she used to be scratching herself all the time and chewing at her legs and paws making them bleed-doesn't really do any of this now thanks to the injections
Poor girl, I'm pleased she has been relieved of those days.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

04-08-2010, 11:00 PM

Poor girl, I'm pleased she has been relieved of those days.
So am I Mags, it was awful to see her. Just have to keep on top of eyes and ears now and make sure she doesn't get anything to eat that she's allergic too!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

04-08-2010, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Bless her, you have a good one there Merz.....I did ear cleaning this morning, Tara saw the bottle and disappeared into the garden under the hedge
Funny how they know what you're going to do with the bottle. That's exactly what Sam would have done, but unfortunately the back door was closed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top