Join for free
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 12:46 PM

Appleby Horse Fair

As we all know, this event has been cancelled this year, in a lot of people's opinions, it should be cancelled permenently.
However I hear that a certain Gypsy group is saying that as there are lots of them unable to find a place to stay the land normally used for them to stay at the fair should be made available to use for them to park up during the current crisis!
Can you imagine it, most of them have no respect for the law anyway, if this is allowed then it'll just turn into an even longer horse fair, are these people real or what?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 01:09 PM

Re: Appleby Horse Fair

I have a friend who lives about an hour away and who goes to the fair, she says it's a great event. I'd love to see it but it's just too far for me to go..
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
As we all know, this event has been cancelled this year, in a lot of people's opinions, it should be cancelled permenently.
However I hear that a certain Gypsy group is saying that as there are lots of them unable to find a place to stay the land normally used for them to stay at the fair should be made available to use for them to park up during the current crisis!
Can you imagine it, most of them have no respect for the law anyway, if this is allowed then it'll just turn into an even longer horse fair, are these people real or what?
There was an article about it on TV some time ago. At one point they had to close the river as the water rose alarmingly. The fuss the horse people made was amazing, the police only did it to save the horses & handlers from drowning. It is well policed & vets are there as well, but I agree, it isn't good for the horses.
I hate the way they gallop them along the roads & the fact that they are all close together, quite honestly I am surprised more horses don't get injured or more people kicked.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
There was an article about it on TV some time ago. At one point they had to close the river as the water rose alarmingly. The fuss the horse people made was amazing, the police only did it to save the horses & handlers from drowning. It is well policed & vets are there as well, but I agree, it isn't good for the horses.
I hate the way they gallop them along the roads & the fact that they are all close together, quite honestly I am surprised more horses don't get injured or more people kicked.
I've had a lot of dealings with these people over the years and to be honest after some of the stuff I've seen them do, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire!
They think they can do what they like with no consequences, I helped one family when they were having problems and they repaid me shortly after by stealing some equipment off my response vehicle! they rely on people being intimidated by them, it usually works, plus it doesn't help when the police won't touch them. They bought a patch of land near me and put several caravans on it to live in, all without planning approval of course, the council did nothing, yet if you or I did it we'd be up in court. And what really boils my piss is that they're now starting to claim benefits ffs! Most of them have never paid tax or national insurance in their lives.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top