Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 01:42 PM

New Ideal Combi Boiler

On the advice of my Builder's recommendation I changed my 25 year old Boiler which worked perfectly to save money on high Gas bills
It was so easy to work with one switch and no delay in hot water reaching all taps.

Since new installation there has been a number of problems with low water pressure switching off the boiler.
It is now in the kitchen and I can't reach it without standing on a ladder.
The Builder bought me a mechanical timer which also stops working.
Previously I had a water tank in the airing cupboard which was very useful for drying clothes.
Hot water takes ages to reach the upstairs bathroom now.
The Engineer Qualified with years of experience has been out a number of times as it is guaranteed for ten years
He replaced a leaking radiator and all was well for two months
Last week, suddenly there was no how water or heating
My engineer is not taking calls so I had to call another.
He was there all of 15 minutes and it was the water pressure which he fixed for £80.00 inc Vat.
It lasted on day, and is now off.

I am not saving money as I have to keep using electric fires.

Can any Central Heating Engineers tell me how to increase the pressure back up myself, with help from family.?

Thank you in anticipation.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 02:28 PM

Re: New Ideal Combi Boiler

Sorry to hear of your problems. I really miss the hot water tank I had in the flat, and even the expensive storage radiators. At this rental I have to run water for ever till it gets hot, and I've not had a bath since moving out in October!!! The water runs cold after a small amount of hot and it can never fill up for an ideal soak. I just hope I have better luck when I move into my own house, whenever that will be. And that is a combi boiler too. Never used them in my life, till getting here, and not keen on them.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 02:32 PM

Hi, I can help you with this, do you have a manual for the boiler?
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 02:38 PM

Here's a video, not sure what type you have, but they're all similar, if this is no good, let me know and I'll try and help you later on. cheers Phil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9-RRcAQGRM
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 02:39 PM

Can't help sorry
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
Here's a video, not sure what type you have, but they're all similar, if this is no good, let me know and I'll try and help you later on. cheers Phil

This is similar to our Ariston combi. We have to top up the pressure occasionally. If you have to do it often you might have a water leak in your system.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 03:05 PM

Sorry to read of your problems with the Combi boiler, Azure.

There are a few members here who are or have been in that line of work who, I feel sure, will be able to offer you advice.

Good luck with it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 03:08 PM

If you have to top up your boiler all the time time you have a massive leek.

You need to find that first.

If you cant find a leak put some leak inhibitor in the system.
sparky
cheshire

03-04-2020, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
This is similar to our Ariston combi. We have to top up the pressure occasionally. If you have to do it often you might have a water leak in your system.
Correct, quite often when you convert an open vented system, the older type with cylider and header tank, to a pressurised system you do get problems with leaks, a common one being a leak from the packing nut on the radiator valve,
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by sparky ->

Thank you sparky

The Boiler is: Ideal Lombi Max Combi C 24 30 35

Ideal Mechanical timer 24 hour.

I have looked on YouTube and it seems the same.
My family are calling later. Should they follow the instructions?

PS
The pipes are small bore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top