Join for free
Page 47 of 56 « First < 37 45 46 47 48 49 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:17 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Still no public outcry over the hypocritical Ian Blackford then? He travelled from an infected area (London) to the Isle of Skye, a greater distance than that of Durham so that he could `self-isolate`. He could have stayed in London. That is around 600 miles - he must have stopped somewhere to stretch his legs perhaps, have a bite to eat or fill up with petrol. Once there, he then took a trip out while he was supposedly in isolation.

The Covid-19 virus is spreading through care-homes on Skye, will he be blamed for that as some idiot Labour MP said about Dominic Cummings starting the virus in Durham?

I don't think he should be sacked or resign over it but I would like some balanced reporting instead of politically motivated witch hunts.

It really is a rule for Cummings and a rule for everyone else
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
His wife fibbed or was inaccurate by omission in an article but only 2 complaints is a little sad.
I'll put that down to a poor readership figure or low circulation ( doesn't reach Durham) ..
I thought they had to have a minimum amount before they even considered action by the press regulator.

I wouldn't say it's over nothing Todger.
It's put me off Boris at any rate.
The press regulators should be investigating the lies published by the Daily Mail, The Mirror and The Guardian. Thats where the real lies can be found and why a lot of anger was brought to Cummings doorstep and damaged his reputation.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Still no public outcry over the hypocritical Ian Blackford then? He travelled from an infected area (London) to the Isle of Skye, a greater distance than that of Durham so that he could `self-isolate`. He could have stayed in London. That is around 600 miles - he must have stopped somewhere to stretch his legs perhaps, have a bite to eat or fill up with petrol. Once there, he then took a trip out while he was supposedly in isolation.

The Covid-19 virus is spreading through care-homes on Skye, will he be blamed for that as some idiot Labour MP said about Dominic Cummings starting the virus in Durham?

I don't think he should be sacked or resign over it but I would like some balanced reporting instead of politically motivated witch hunts.
Well I don't normally disagree with you Judd.
And I'm in agreement over Ian Blackford .. he deserves to be criticised and get some flak too, or resign. Sturgeon lost her own Health Minister over something similar.

But I note one thing ... you said ...
Quote:
he must have stopped somewhere to stretch his legs perhaps, have a bite to eat or fill up with petrol. Once there, he then took a trip out while he was supposedly in isolation.
Quote]
It's easy to fill in the blanks and add more damning supposition but I've yet to hear any DC fan even contemplate that he did the same ....
It must have been an awful car trip .. a 4 year old with a strong bladder and a wife who had earlier been vomiting.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:30 PM

On a slightly different path we have been told that if we contact some who has signs of this virus we must self isolate. how do I do this as I have to have a carer every morning and evening to see to my needs. How then am I supposed to self isolate?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Corbyn is an elected MP, Cummings isn't.

Yes Bread, just like Tahir Ali, the Labour MP representing Birmingham Green.
He flouted Lockdown rules in April to attend a funeral, where he mingled with 100 funeral guests.

Not read much about that or seen any public outcry for him to be sacked.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/t...-a4406676.html
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The press regulators should be investigating the lies published by the Daily Mail, The Mirror and The Guardian. Thats where the real lies can be found and why a lot of anger was brought to Cummings doorstep and damaged his reputation.
He did it himself.
1) By driving to Durham.
The press are not responsible for that.

2) That interview he gave, which I watched, did him no favours. He came over as a man reining in a sense of irritation and impatience that his actions had even been questioned. He didn't want to be in the spotlight. His type rarely do as they usually function best behind the scenes.

The press are the press ... always have been, so the best advice is not to give them any ammo in the first place.

Besides, where was the lie?
Did he or did he not drive to durham instead of immediately self-isolating in London.

One thing mentioned in the press which I have been unable to verify, so take with a pinch of salt, is that Cummings (or his wife) actually have a brother who lives in London, only a matter of streets away. So why didn't he turn to them for child care help?

We're going in circles here now so I'll wind up my posts and agree to disagree.
After all , a great deal of whether anyone supports a politician or civil servant is a personal matter depending on how they perceive that person, their public image, their sincerity, their integrity.
We all see a different image, that's all.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

28-05-2020, 01:35 PM

Hey up the heavy brigade is here. ... I'm off to the allotment ...catch ya later.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:38 PM

You'll be telling me next that Cummings is just the tea boy.
Who is his employer? Who is he answerable to?
And who is that person answerable to?

No wonder Boris favoured opting for 'herd immunity' when it first started , and there was me thinking he meant tackling the virus, instead DC and BJ have added a whole new meaning to it.

It'll blow over. These things do. Until the next time and DC is the kind of guy that guarantees there will be a next time.
He is a temporary civil servant appointed under section 3 of the Ministerial code and accountable to government as a whole and ultimately the PM.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:39 PM

NB if he is appointed under a different arrangement than the model contract for special advisers that would make his appointment technically against statute.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:46 PM

Hey up the heavy brigade is here. ... I'm off to the allotment ...catch ya later.
I suppose that’s directed at me?
I’ve only came on here to watch you charm and flutter your eyes at The Artful Todger!

Page 47 of 56 « First < 37 45 46 47 48 49 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top