Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 10:26 AM

Re: What Are We, An Afterthought??

Being an (unwilling but long term) Diabetic, I believe my condition makes me at more risk of serious consequences. Which ever way you view it, I have lived the best part of my life, but I am still unwilling to trade the remainder by coming out of isolation too soon. I think the whole thing is being rushed, we are still having too many deaths as yet, and we may get to regret our rush.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 10:29 AM

I'm concerned about Mrs mart going out.

She might meet someone who doesn't want to keep a distance away by going out into road (footpaths are narrow where we are). She can't do it because she's in a wheelchair, so no control over social distancing. If the other person doesn't move away while passing, then there's close (almost touching) contact.

Not anyone's fault. Just grumbling because she still can't go out even though the government says she can. We reckon it's too risky.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
Being an (unwilling but long term) Diabetic, I believe my condition makes me at more risk of serious consequences. Which ever way you view it, I have lived the best part of my life, but I am still unwilling to trade the remainder by coming out of isolation too soon. I think the whole thing is being rushed, we are still having too many deaths as yet, and we may get to regret our rush.
Absolutely Dave....
I will not use public transport or go indoors other than my own house, and I will only shop in those places that are adhering to the distancing rules. Regardless of what anybody says.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I'm concerned about Mrs mart going out.

She might meet someone who doesn't want to keep a distance away by going out into road (footpaths are narrow where we are). She can't do it because she's in a wheelchair, so no control over social distancing. If the other person doesn't move away while passing, then there's close (almost touching) contact.

Not anyone's fault. Just grumbling because she still can't go out even though the government says she can. We reckon it's too risky.
Yes that's very tricky Mart. I find early mornings are the best times to go out because there are less people about. Personally I think the risk is very low from catching the virus outside, still air indoors and enclosed spaces I think are the worst. Take care you and Mrs Mart....And do what you both feel comfortable with...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 10:36 AM

The thing I am finding is that by staying indoors or in the garden for such a long time I don't really have any wish to to go anywhere, even for a walk around the roads.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Just switched the Morning News on to hear that as from tomorrow, the elderly who have been shielding, i.e. the most vulnerable, will be allowed to go out as from tomorrow, Monday. What? How come this wasn't announced with the others earlier in the week?

Considering that there are still 8000 confirmed new cases every day, I personally feel this is too soon. Surely it should be done in stages. Even SAGE, the scientists involved, are stating this is a very dangerous moment.

Methinks we will not be taking any risks yet and staying put.

How about you?

There is government guidance coming out about this shortly. In there it will provide the information about how to go about things safely.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Just switched the Morning News on to hear that as from tomorrow, the elderly who have been shielding, i.e. the most vulnerable, will be allowed to go out as from tomorrow, Monday. What? How come this wasn't announced with the others earlier in the week?

Considering that there are still 8000 confirmed new cases every day, I personally feel this is too soon. Surely it should be done in stages. Even SAGE, the scientists involved, are stating this is a very dangerous moment.

Methinks we will not be taking any risks yet and staying put.

How about you?
Hey Shroppy, where did you get the 8,000 new cases figure from?
I jus looked up on worldometers and they give the figure for
yesterday at 1,600 odd newcases!!
What is going on?
Have polititions got influence with the publishers of data??
Worldomerers figure is listed as confirmed cases, maybe your
figure is a projected figure?
Load of crap lmo?

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 11:01 AM

Deleted ...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think you grossly overreacted to Spitty's post keezoy.....
I believe what Spitty meant was; even if Boris tells you it's safe for the vulnerable to go out, if you don't feel comfortable with that, then stay in lockdown for a little longer. Although there are no directives to wear a mask, it's up to the individual to decide. And even if you don't believe the hype, respect someone else's space. At the end of the day only you are ultimately responsible for your wellbeing, no matter what Boris or anybody else says.

It's got nothing to do with attitude, people are what they are and if you are realistic then Spitty is right. You can't force everyone to think and act like you keezoy. As long as people don't break the law they will do whatever they want.
Youve got it right OGF, keezoy went off like a rocket!
Whilst l cant speak for spitty, l also understood to mean he will
cotinue to exercise his natural caution as he has always done?
Which l think can only be a good policy?

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

31-05-2020, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Deleted ...
I think your right Bread?
Even the so called experts seem to hav an agenda that is not
entirely motivated by medical considerations? And different groups
seem to be in fierce competition with each other?
I suppose this has always been the case as even Isaac newton
was very touchy about criticism and alternative views?
Maybe l should add 'apparently'!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔

Oh shyte! what happened there?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top