Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 10:40 PM

Re: The Fine Art Of NAGGING!

I have discovered a very simple way to deal with an excess of nagging … I packed my bags and walked out the front door.

I am now living the most peaceful existence I have ever known. I do what I bloody well feel like , when I feel like it.

IMO, the price to be paid for living with a significant other, is just not worth any possible rewards. Kind of like paying 40 USD dollars for a hamburger. Just ain't worth it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 10:50 PM

Three Daughters, get a Son to balance the situation, Ladies Nag, Its in their DNA, but they love to nurture a Son or a Brother, so could dilute the vitriol you are experiencing.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 05:09 AM

I’m an expert nagger.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 06:41 AM

I'm not sure I nag ...maybe I do but I doubt anyone takes any notice.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 08:45 AM

Hi

I just give in, simpler, safer and easier.

My daughter practised on me ready for when she got her own man.

ISIS Terrorists are no problem.

My Ex and my daughter beat me every time.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Three Daughters, get a Son to balance the situation, Ladies Nag, Its in their DNA, but they love to nurture a Son or a Brother, so could dilute the vitriol you are experiencing.
I have a son.

He's the youngest, at just under 50, and has his own wife there to nag him!

(Don't think she does!)
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 11:05 AM

The Cambridge Dictionary defines Nag in two ways:-

1) The way we all know - (sneering reminders & repetition).

2) "a horse, especially one that is too old to be useful"

I am beginning to see a connection..!

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 11:23 AM

I never nag men as men don’t like nagging women. It’s also a waste of time as they switch off.
No, one big bellow and straight out with it and take no prisoners!

It’s the only way! Shock and Awe!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not true, I nag my Son to do things.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 07:05 PM

i don't nag either. After getting married I cottoned on very quickly to the fact that it didn't work/caused resentment.
Instead I say things like "When you have a moment, please can you fix that light bulb in the hall/take the recycling out/etc. I'll do it later if you don't get the time, it's not a problem"

I don't know if it's guilt/wanting to be the hero or the no-pressure, reverse psychology that does it, but it always seems to work

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top