Join for free
Page 366 of 505 « First < 266 316 356 364 365 366 367 368 376 416 466 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 03:43 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, questions definitely do need to be asked. The problem though will I feel, be the same as any other past inquiry where questions are asked, it's the time it takes to get the answers. Look at the Grenfell Tower fire and Hillsborough Stadium disaster for examples of this:

The Grenfell Tower fire inquiry commenced 15 June 2017 and is still in progress:

https://www.grenfelltowerinquiry.org.uk/about

The Hillsborough Stadium disaster – following the inquiry, getting justice for those who died took nearly 30 years. It took from April 1989 until June 2017, for charges to be brought against certain individuals for their alleged part in this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Report

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

The link below gives some idea of the time frame of how long it took for justice to be eventually obtained for those who died:

https://www.theweek.co.uk/hillsborou...orough-inquest

You are right Baz, its a bloodymdisgrace!!
We need an enquiry about enquiries imo??

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
And both countries have a high proportion of Chinese descendants too. What I found interesting when working over there was most of the Chinese descendants wore masks during and after the SARS outbreak. They were still wearing masks when I last went in November 2012 just before I retired. I have no reason to suspect they have changed their habits in the meantime and this alone could explain why the mortality rates there are on the low side.
That could be a reason too Percy! I believe they stared wearing masks
originally due to high levels of pollution in the atmosphere??
Japan also seem to have adopted masks as a fashion statement
as well!

Donkeyman! 😷😷
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
And both countries have a high proportion of Chinese descendants too. What I found interesting when working over there was most of the Chinese descendants wore masks during and after the SARS outbreak. They were still wearing masks when I last went in November 2012 just before I retired. I have no reason to suspect they have changed their habits in the meantime and this alone could explain why the mortality rates there are on the low side.
So why are they not asking everyone here to wear a mask? If everyone does then we are all safer.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
That could be a reason too Percy! I believe they stared wearing masks
originally due to high levels of pollution in the atmosphere??
Japan also seem to have adopted masks as a fashion statement
as well!

Donkeyman! 😷😷
It started to be a big thing because of SARS because it stops you spreading infection, rather than stops pollution or such. That's why surgeons wear them during operations. A mask like that won't do anything to stop polluted air.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It started to be a big thing because of SARS because it stops you spreading infection, rather than stops pollution or such. That's why surgeons wear them during operations. A mask like that won't do anything to stop polluted air.
I disagree Annie, I believe that such masks will prevent pollution and viruses entering the nasals and lungs . I wore masks regularly when I was working in dusty environments and a glance at the outside of the mask afterwards showed just how much pollution would have been inhaled.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

31-05-2020, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I agree with your logic Annie, unfortunately people do not always
use logic whenmaking decisions lm afraid !!

Donkeyman! 😷😷😷
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

31-05-2020, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I disagree Annie, I believe that such masks will prevent pollution and viruses entering the nasals and lungs . I wore masks regularly when I was working in dusty environments and a glance at the outside of the mask afterwards showed just how much pollution would have been inhaled.
Right on OGF! I Dont think our Annie ever experienced working
in enviroments like that??
When l hink of what the bosses got away with in my younger days
I am quite surprised to be still here!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2020, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think everyone should be wearing a face covering OGF. But in my experience only an N95 fume filter type mask will keep you safe.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2020, 07:49 PM

Right on OGF! I Dont think our Annie ever experienced working
in enviroments like that??
When l hink of what the bosses got away with in my younger days
I am quite surprised to be still here!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Ahem! We did have a major DIY decorating project here a couple of years ago! ::blows raspberry::
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2020, 07:51 PM

I agree with your logic Annie, unfortunately people do not always
use logic whenmaking decisions lm afraid !!

Donkeyman! 😷😷😷
This is why I am ignoring government advice on easing the lockdown DM!

Page 366 of 505 « First < 266 316 356 364 365 366 367 368 376 416 466 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top