Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 08:19 PM

Re: Corona and protests???

Times were tough back then but one accepted it. You had a target in life and got there in stages. No hand outs -benefits- mortgage at around 15% interest and a real struggle to even get on the housing ladder. If it wasn't for a cousin-in-law who had a buiiding company and let us have his 2 bed terrace house he had to keep is workers employed between contracts at cost price £7450 which he bought it, we would have stood no chance of getting a house,and boy did we try and find one.
Even then we save £1500 in just as many months for the deposit,and our income was very little only just managed back then. Guzzumping was rife and house prices going up before you had time to view. Engaged for under 2 years and only went out twice to the pictures and took family for an engagement meal.
Am I complaining NO it was a learning curve from the outset, putting skill to good use I learnt as an apprentice from other trades.

you could confuse uni. students now of you showed them 2 shovels and asked them to take a pick.

It really sickens me how youths today expect everything given to them.

RANT OVER
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Times were tough back then but one accepted it. You had a target in life and got there in stages. No hand outs -benefits- mortgage at around 15% interest and a real struggle to even get on the housing ladder. If it wasn't for a cousin-in-law who had a buiiding company and let us have his 2 bed terrace house he had to keep is workers employed between contracts at cost price £7450 which he bought it, we would have stood no chance of getting a house,and boy did we try and find one.
Even then we save £1500 in just as many months for the deposit,and our income was very little only just managed back then. Guzzumping was rife and house prices going up before you had time to view. Engaged for under 2 years and only went out twice to the pictures and took family for an engagement meal.
Am I complaining NO it was a learning curve from the outset, putting skill to good use I learnt as an apprentice from other trades.

you could confuse uni. students now of you showed them 2 shovels and asked them to take a pick.

It really sickens me how youths today expect everything given to them.

RANT OVER

Those were the days RS! No credit cards, but a discount for cash!
No holidays abroad bought on credit! Just a couple of weeks down
devon or cornwall in a tent all payed for up front out of your 30bob
a week of which you gave mum a quid! Helping to wallpaper the
house! Dragging the bathwater out of the scullery and tipping it on
dads runner geans etc! etc!! Shall l go on?
But BTF we progressed bit hy bit!!
Now like you say the little bastids have a panic attack if you
mention grannies grass is looking a bit long!
Wow l feel better now, must do this more often!

Donkeyman! 😇😇

PS.what was yhe thread about??
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I see the moronic renta crowd mob have been protesting in
central London again??

Donkeyman! 👎😬👎
Is it there one about corona too?
There's protests in London today about racial inequality ... in support of the black Americans on the rampage in the US.
The world's truly going mad.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
It is not a good idea ... gathering in the street like that when we are supposed to be working on eliminating this virus.

But what is this renta crowd accusation? And what's this got to do with disgraced Durham man?
If you dont know now dOOd your either one of them or you are
non compus mentis??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
If you dont know now dOOd your either one of them or you are
non compus mentis??

Donkeyman! 😇😇

... and you sir are seriously blinkered. You don't like the young generation, you don't like the university educated, you don't like London, you don't like peaceful protests, you don't like those that speak out against Cummings behaviour, you don't like this & that.

I have opinions on each of these issues but they are separate issues. To you, they are a single issue. Furthermore, you imagine somebody is paying yesterday's demonstrators.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

01-06-2020, 12:26 PM

... and you sir are seriously blinkered. You don't like the young generation, you don't like the university educated, you don't like London, you don't like peaceful protests, you don't like those that speak out against Cummings behaviour, you don't like this & that.

I have opinions on each of these issues but they are separate issues. To you, they are a single issue. Furthermore, you imagine somebody is paying yesterday's demonstrators.
I did'nt imagine someone is paying them dOOdy l suggesred
some one is paying them?
One thing is for sure we will be paying to clear up after them??
On the student issue l have had bad experiences with them on
most occasions that l have been in contact with them, partcularly
when in groups! I wont bore you with the details but yes l do believe
that most of this present so called outrage has been manufactured
and has one aim only, and that is to try and shift this present
government to lose its overwhelming majorty in ordernto gain at
least an extension to the transition period, and at most to overturn
brexit completely??
So yes, you are correct, l am blinkered in this respect but no more
than yourself on the opposite viewpoint??

Donkeyman! 👍😇👍
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 12:56 PM

Successive Governments, of all variety have encouraged Immigration after WW2.

We have more Non EU Immigration than EU Immigration.

Your trust in Boris is misplaced.

He was the one proposing an Amnesty for all illegals.

He has now authorised a massive influx from Hong Kong.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 01:14 PM

... and everything is orchestrated to interfere with brexit.

© Donkeyman
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

01-06-2020, 07:45 PM

... and everything is orchestrated to interfere with brexit.

© Donkeyman
Are you answering swimmies post dOOdy??
or commenting on something else?

Donkeyman! 😂😂

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top