Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 11:44 AM

Re: What Are We, An Afterthought??

Thanks OGF, and DM for clarifying my stance, I just hope these Sage Folks know their Onions or we are all Stuffed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Nothing has changed Imo, from the start some folks lived by the rules, and some flouted them, this will continue to be the case, you've just got to follow your instinct, regardless of directives.

Yes, I agree Spitty.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Just switched the Morning News on to hear that as from tomorrow, the elderly who have been shielding, i.e. the most vulnerable, will be allowed to go out as from tomorrow, Monday. What? How come this wasn't announced with the others earlier in the week?

Considering that there are still 8000 confirmed new cases every day, I personally feel this is too soon. Surely it should be done in stages. Even SAGE, the scientists involved, are stating this is a very dangerous moment.

Methinks we will not be taking any risks yet and staying put.

How about you?
I am not going anywhere except Tesco once a week, for the foreseeable future, what ever the PTB say. I shall be vastly unfit & my hair a mess, but rather that than the virus.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 01:32 PM

Stay put .... if everyone else is emerging out of lockdown to re-open businesses and in a fortnight non-essential shops are re-opening I imagine the cases of coronavirus will rise again.

If I had concerns I'd leave it at least a month.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 01:37 PM

Forgot to add ...

I don't the government will be able afford another lockdown anyway. It's too financially crippling.
I seriously doubt they'd do another. They'll aim for business as usual as much as they can. People need to be back at work.

Next time it'll be individuals left to isolate themselves (on sick pay) and maybe some sort of curfew to reduce and limit population movement. Nothing more.

If you don't need to work best stay put.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I am not going anywhere except Tesco once a week, for the foreseeable future, what ever the PTB say. I shall be vastly unfit & my hair a mess, but rather that than the virus.
Yes, as far as I know the virus itself hasn't agreed any 'easing of the lockdown' arrangements with the government. It is therefore likely to be just as dangerous as it always has been.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 01:57 AM

I think you grossly overreacted to Spitty's post keezoy.....
I believe what Spitty meant was; even if Boris tells you it's safe for the vulnerable to go out, if you don't feel comfortable with that, then stay in lockdown for a little longer. Although there are no directives to wear a mask, it's up to the individual to decide. And even if you don't believe the hype, respect someone else's space. At the end of the day only you are ultimately responsible for your wellbeing, no matter what Boris or anybody else says.

It's got nothing to do with attitude, people are what they are and if you are realistic then Spitty is right. You can't force everyone to think and act like you keezoy. As long as people don't break the law they will do whatever they want.

Yes OGF you are 100% correct. I did indeed over react.No excuse. Sorry Spitfire. I guess I read you wrong. OF course you have a right to say whatever you want. I would never deny that for a second - although I did maybe then. Once again my apologies to all.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Hey Shroppy, where did you get the 8,000 new cases figure from?
I jus looked up on worldometers and they give the figure for
yesterday at 1,600 odd newcases!!
What is going on?
Have polititions got influence with the publishers of data??
Worldomerers figure is listed as confirmed cases, maybe your
figure is a projected figure?
Load of crap lmo?

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Hi Donkeyman, That was the offiical figure given by the BBC and the Telegraph on Friday. I might add that this figure does NOT include cases confirmed in hospitals and care homes, which makes one wonder what the true figure is.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Thanks OGF, and DM for clarifying my stance, I just hope these Sage Folks know their Onions or we are all Stuffed.
Let's hope they don't Chicken out of it all and let everyone just get on with it!

On a more serious note though, having noted Spitfire's clever use of words again, I will not be changing my shopping habit of doing a big shop once every three weeks. That way it lessens my mixing with any other people at all, hopefully less risk to me with this virus still around.

I fill the store cupboard, fridge and freezer and live out of those for three weeks. My only 'luxury' is that I can now get out for a nice drive in the car whenever I wish. That takes away 'climbing the walls' as I have been doing since mid-February, the last time I saw family, or even a human being that I could speak to face to face!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->

Yes OGF you are 100% correct. I did indeed over react.No excuse. Sorry Spitfire. I guess I read you wrong. OF course you have a right to say whatever you want. I would never deny that for a second - although I did maybe then. Once again my apologies to all.
No problem keezoy.... We still mates?..

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top