Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 12:24 PM

Priority for NHS workers

Does anyone else feel, like me, that the 'priority for NHS workers', thing is being abused?
This morning I was making my usual trip to the local supermarket, and got in the queue (my wife's NHS but not front line and doesn't think she should use her badge to queue jump so I do the shopping. Anyway this bloke comes rushing to the front, "make way, NHS worker coming through" and rushes to the front of the queue, then a load of old ladies appear, most of them pushing those wheeled bags that pensioners use, interestingly enough they've all got NHS lanyards, but theyre tucked into their coats and nobody is actually checking the badge, they're just being let in! To make matters worse they're only running two out of the eight tills.
I don't mind genuine NHS staff 'queue jumping' I'm the same with police or paramedics in chippys and stuff, but come on, lets play fair. I've loads of lanyards from when I've worked at different places, they have the name of the organisation on but the badge just says 'visitor' or 'contractor'. would I use one of these to gain priority service? no, some people have no shame.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 12:33 PM

Re: Priority for NHS workers

The Wife and Kids are NHS, they have an half hour slot before normal business hours, so, can't understand folks turning up ad hoc, and, that slot should be used just once a week by rights, Imo.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 12:34 PM

There will always be those that use any situation to their advantage sparky. They are the same people that rushed out and cleared the shelves of toilet rolls. They are the same people who turn up at certain events just for the free tea and cakes. They are beyond help unfortunately.

What's funny is that when these people are reproached, they get all affronted, as though the rules don't apply to them.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 12:36 PM

I don't use any of the large supermarkets now Sparky, I've started using the little Asdas and Tescos, I haven't had to queue more than 5 minutes when using them and they usually have all I need.

Try using them or the corner shops, might have to pay a little extra though at the corner shops.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The Wife and Kids are NHS, they have an half hour slot before normal business hours, so, can't understand folks turning up ad hoc, and, that slot should be used just once a week by rights, Imo.
I agree, now I can possibly understand someone wanting to grab a quick sandwich at lunch as not all places have canteens, but to rush in mid morning and then do a full weekly shop, that's just wrong, as I said there's several ways I could do it, but I won't!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
I agree, now I can possibly understand someone wanting to grab a quick sandwich at lunch as not all places have canteens, but to rush in mid morning and then do a full weekly shop, that's just wrong, as I said there's several ways I could do it, but I won't!
The irony of it all is that if they waited a bit longer, there would be more out on the shelves.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 02:02 PM

They wouldn’t get past the Stazi at our local Waitrose
sparky
cheshire

03-04-2020, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They wouldn’t get past the Stazi at our local Waitrose
Yeah, I had a right do with one of those knobs at tesco the other day, got my fags and paper and was trying to leave when this tool told me they'd a one way sytem in place, to get out I'd have to walk around the entire store.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-04-2020, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
Yeah, I had a right do with one of those knobs at tesco the other day, got my fags and paper and was trying to leave when this tool told me they'd a one way sytem in place, to get out I'd have to walk around the entire store.
Are you sure you weren't in IKEA?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The Wife and Daughter have left at 6.50am for the NHS slot, no more Supermarkets for a week then, any emergency supplies that crop up will be got from the Village Shop, hopefully when it is devoid of other locals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top