Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 10:45 AM

Re: A Question Please.

Hi

Leaving the EU will mean a Border in one form or another

We need it to prevent Immigration, the EU needs it to protect their Single Market.

It is not an insolvable problem.

We can have our Border in the Irish Sea, what the EU do about Northern Ireland is their problem not ours.

We have voted Leave, we are a Democracy and Leave must happen.

Our elected Government, and I did not vote Tory or Labour, have put the date into UK Law.

It must happen.

We cannot have the Elite overruling the wish of the People.

This is precisely the reason I voted Leave.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Leaving the EU will mean a Border in one form or another

We need it to prevent Immigration, the EU needs it to protect their Single Market.

It is not an insolvable problem.

We can have our Border in the Irish Sea, what the EU do about Northern Ireland is their problem not ours.

We have voted Leave, we are a Democracy and Leave must happen.

Our elected Government, and I did not vote Tory or Labour, have put the date into UK Law.

It must happen.

We cannot have the Elite overruling the wish of the People.

This is precisely the reason I voted Leave.
The discussion so far was about travel by people. For goods there is an arrangement laid down in the withdrawal agreement. Boris disputes the consequences of that arrangement, but that is beside the debate in this thread.
For travel of people the present procedure can be perpetuated. Free travel for citizens of ROI and the UK, so no violation of cta.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The discussion so far was about travel by people. For goods there is an arrangement laid down in the withdrawal agreement. Boris disputes the consequences of that arrangement, but that is beside the debate in this thread.
For travel of people the present procedure can be perpetuated. Free travel for citizens of ROI and the UK, so no violation of cta.

Your creating a schengen border where there isn't one.

Do you really think if the Republic joined schengen free movement of people (from the entire schengen area in Europe) would be enabled throughout the UK (which is not in Schengen) ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Your creating a schengen border where there isn't one.

Do you really think if the Republic joined schengen free movement of people (from the entire schengen area in Europe) would be enabled throughout the UK (which is not in Schengen) ?

The thread is about the hypothetical question shropshiregirl asked. That was about ROI entering schengen.

Read my post # 17 where I said the borders for ROI will open up for citizens of other members of the schengen area.

Try to keep up.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 07:12 PM

The thread is about the hypothetical question shropshiregirl asked. That was about ROI entering schengen.

Read my post # 17 where I said the borders for ROI will open up for citizens of other members of the schengen area.

Try to keep up.
And as I've repeatedly told you, Northern Ireland is part of the UK and not in Schengen so what happens there ?

You keep refusing to answer. Time after time I've said you need a Schengen border but you still keep twisting the conversation and avoiding answering questions.

So what is it ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

23-04-2020, 07:28 PM

And as I've repeatedly told you, Northern Ireland is part of the UK and not in Schengen so what happens there ?

You keep refusing to answer. Time after time I've said you need a Schengen border but you still keep twisting the conversation and avoiding answering questions.

So what is it ?
In one of my first posts I referred to the nordic passport union. Their situation in regard to the faroe and schengen is the same as NI. Just look it up in case you're not familiar with it. Should you not succeed I can provide the link. Succes!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-04-2020, 08:32 PM

In one of my first posts I referred to the nordic passport union. Their situation in regard to the faroe and schengen is the same as NI. Just look it up in case you're not familiar with it. Should you not succeed I can provide the link. Succes!

You just keep avoiding answering questions.

Since when was the UK and NI in an open border agreement with the Schengen area like the Nordic countries in a passport union ?????

Another question you won't answer ....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

23-04-2020, 08:58 PM

You just keep avoiding answering questions.

Since when was the UK and NI in an open border agreement with the Schengen area like the Nordic countries in a passport union ?????

Another question you won't answer ....
Both the nordic countries and UK/ROI have a historic pre existing free travel arrangement. To see the consequences of ROI entering schengen (remember, that was the question by shropshiregirl) you can take a look at the nordic situation. Some of them entered schengen. See how they handled the situation.
Even though its beyond your comprehension, I hope she can find the answers to her question there.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-04-2020, 10:35 AM

Both the nordic countries and UK/ROI have a historic pre existing free travel arrangement. To see the consequences of ROI entering schengen (remember, that was the question by shropshiregirl) you can take a look at the nordic situation. Some of them entered schengen. See how they handled the situation.
Even though its beyond your comprehension, I hope she can find the answers to her question there.
If there is no border between the Schengen and non-Schengen are of the island of Ireland and no border between the Republic and the rest of the EU - there is also no border between that and the rest of the UK.

If you move that border to the UK mainland, then you will have a Schengen border in a non-Schengen country that is also not in the EU.

Similarly, anyone coming into the UK from anywhere in the world would be able to go to Northern Ireland, walk into the Schengen area unchecked and then have free movement around the EU schengen countries, so the UK would be acting as a Schengen border when it is not in the EU or Schengen .... simply absurd.

As for the Faro Islands, it is not in the Schengen area but requires passports to enter it, just as other non-Schengen countries require. Faro has a population of about 50,000 which is about half that of the population of Clacton-on-Sea, for your information....

The passport union applies to those Nordic countries that are part of it, it does not apply to countries outside of them. For border control in and out of passport union countries you still need to show your photo ID, for all others entering a non-Schengen area you still need to show your passport. (Why on earth would an island surrounded by sea join Schengen anyway ?)

In the case of the island of Ireland, there can be no border between the north and the south as written into the Good Friday Agreement. By creating a Schengen area in the south, a Schengen border would be required to separate it from the North. If you didn't, you would be effectively putting a non-EU country and a non-Schengen country in the Schengen area with no border controls at all.

Get it ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-04-2020, 01:18 PM

If there is no border between the Schengen and non-Schengen are of the island of Ireland and no border between the Republic and the rest of the EU - there is also no border between that and the rest of the UK.

If you move that border to the UK mainland, then you will have a Schengen border in a non-Schengen country that is also not in the EU.

Similarly, anyone coming into the UK from anywhere in the world would be able to go to Northern Ireland, walk into the Schengen area unchecked and then have free movement around the EU schengen countries, so the UK would be acting as a Schengen border when it is not in the EU or Schengen .... simply absurd.

As for the Faro Islands, it is not in the Schengen area but requires passports to enter it, just as other non-Schengen countries require. Faro has a population of about 50,000 which is about half that of the population of Clacton-on-Sea, for your information....

The passport union applies to those Nordic countries that are part of it, it does not apply to countries outside of them. For border control in and out of passport union countries you still need to show your photo ID, for all others entering a non-Schengen area you still need to show your passport. (Why on earth would an island surrounded by sea join Schengen anyway ?)

In the case of the island of Ireland, there can be no border between the north and the south as written into the Good Friday Agreement. By creating a Schengen area in the south, a Schengen border would be required to separate it from the North. If you didn't, you would be effectively putting a non-EU country and a non-Schengen country in the Schengen area with no border controls at all.

Get it ?

Your reasoning starts from the wrong premisse. The non border in ireland of the cta is exclusively reserved for citizens from ROI and UK. The schengen free travel is for ROI and the rest of schengen. You ignore that, so your reasoning is invalid. End of discussion.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top