Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 12:06 PM

The deed is done!

I have pressed Send on two emails. One to my housing association, and one to my solicitor. I have now instructed the resale of my shared ownership flat.

Nervous. Anxious. Scared. Worried. Excited.

I still have the TA forms to complete for the solicitor, but I have downloaded them to the computer to print off, and I will complete them manually. I found it awkward doing it online, and don't know if I submitted half completed forms, or whether any actually got saved!

I expect the next step will be the solicitor asking for a sum of money up front (refundable if the flat doesn't sell).

I have decided that after Saturday I will no longer buy a daily newspaper (the Mail, Mon-Sat) because I can't see myself having the time. They are already stacking up and I have to have a binge read every now and then. My recycling bin will stay a lot emptier, that's for sure, but mainly it will free up my poor brain.

So there. I've started the ball rolling.

It could end up that Holly and I would go into rental, which is plan B. This would mean me being able to look at properties to buy, at leisure, and then when I've bought, to do it up completely to how I want it, before moving in with us and the furniture. When I am in Suffolk week after next I will pop into several estate agents and give them my requirements. Yes it will be a bit early for that, but no harm in letting them know my interest.

I have dragged my feet a bit this time round, because nearly 2 weeks have elapsed on the flat valuation validity, and the HA will need to send round a photographer. With me being away for a week soon, this could massively delay progress, but worst case scenario would be paying for another valuation in early October. I had to get my head around the price of the valuation (quite disappointed) and was waiting for sis to view a potential property. As it is a maybe she said I can't put in an offer till my one has sold. And that can take time.

Wish me luck, and I will post progress on this thread.

Thanks.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 12:13 PM

Re: The deed is done!

Hope everything goes well for you Jazzi and that you have a quick sale, not like ours with the problems we had, but we only had problems because it was a Listed Building.

We paid our Solicitor £450.00 up front.

Good luck!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 12:14 PM

So the reasons for the sale are...

1. My dog needs a garden, so I don't have to keep walking her.
2. I would dearly love a garden myself.
3. I want to be free of the restraints of owning a leasehold property. If I own my own house, I will be solely responsible for its upkeep and further sale.
4. The ghastly noisy drunken barstewards in the neighbouring social block.
5. Holly barking at the window or outside the French door at every passing dog.
6. Holly realising the foxes are about and getting fidgety and wanting to go out and see them.
7. Holly getting me out in the middle of the night for a toilet.
8. The church opposite and the noise from the drummers, the singing, the congregation milling about outside in the street, being incredibly noisy and disruptive.
9. A move away from the allotment and all the politics and nastiness. I will grow vegetables in my own garden, thank you very much.
10. My town is fast becoming a concrete jungle and I hate seeing all the blocks going up and the car parks being taken over for housing.
11. I shan't miss anybody else here.
12. I want to live where my sister is now living, in Suffolk, and enjoy what she is enjoying!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

11-07-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hope everything goes well for you Jazzi and that you have a quick sale, not like ours with the problems we had, but we only had problems because it was a Listed Building.

We paid our Solicitor £450.00 up front.

Good luck!
Thanks Susie. I wonder if that was a 10% deposit?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 12:40 PM

Good luck Jazzi, I hope everything will go smoothly for you and you don’t have to wait too long.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 12:49 PM

I wish you luck with it. We have recently moved and know it is a stressful undertaking. Three months in and we are still unpacking..........
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 01:36 PM

Sounds like a plan.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 01:53 PM

Good luck Jazzi I think you will be happier with your own little garden and somewhere for Holly.

With a shortage of affordable property I am guessing your flat will sell quickly.

If things run until mid-september there will be loads of holiday caravans to let quite reasonably if you only want to rent short term

I am quite excited for you, get looking and don't forget the independent sellers like Purple Bricks, there are a number of them about now.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 02:21 PM

I feel your excitement (and a little pain :-P), Jazzi, having listed my summer place for sale a while back, and wish you a seamless process.

Here we hire real estate agents who are responsible for all aspects of the sale (from making sure the lights are on and porches are swept for showings, to managing the legalities, to hiring the photography). Their fees run between 4 and 6% of the final sale price. It's interesting to read about the differences in hour the process is similar and different.

It sounds like you are moving for all the right reasons! I definitely identify with both the building out of my little town and making decisions that include the quality of life of my pups.

Keep us posted and good luck!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

11-07-2019, 02:49 PM

Thanks all.

The solicitor has told me how much they need so later I will transfer from one account to another and do that, and fill forms in later.

Once I've done that I will pop up to their office (just at the top of our high street) and take the ID too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top