Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 08:47 AM

British Meat

Just found this - do you any of you use this service - if so - is it good value?

https://www.buyacow.uk/non-halal-meat-uk/
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 08:53 AM

Re: British Meat

No not interested. I'll eat any meat as long as in date.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:03 AM

Talking of meat. I have spoken to several people on shopping at Lidl and Aldi and they have all said they do not want foreign rubbish on their dinner plates. Both these supermarkets state that the meat they sell is BRITISH. By the way have any of you eaten horsemeat? Many years ago on a holiday to Belgium we were served horsemeat steraks. I think that unless you were told it was horse meat you would not know the difference from beef. A bit darker in colour but the taste is no different. Mind you, you will have to make sure you do not clamp your teeth down on a nail from one of it,s shoes.
Another meal that a lot of people will turn their noses up at is Haggis. Ask them if they have tried it and I am willing to bet that most weill say no they haven,t.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:06 AM

PS
Excuse the spelling mistakes or should that be misteaks.
Steaks and not steraks. Will and not weill.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:22 AM

I think it’s a brilliant idea .
I wish he would sell it to a supermarket because we would not eat many of those cuts .
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:48 AM

Unfortunately, meat from any source never states if it was reared by being fed GM crops or grain. Even free range fowl are fed with GM grain because so little British produced grain is available for animal feed. A tour of British farms and feed sacks are a huge eye opener!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Just found this - do you any of you use this service - if so - is it good value?

https://www.buyacow.uk/non-halal-meat-uk/
It's a outright lie.

Islamic slaughter does not require the animal to be unsedated as they state, just because that happens in the UK just tells you about your cruel abattoirs and your lack of animal welfare laws.

All Australian and Kiwi halal meat is sedated before slaughter, it's the LAW and it has the approval of the Islamic Council and the meat is sold to Islamic countries world wide.

So don't believe that BS - remember this is the same mob of no hopers that gave the world mad cow disease.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Unfortunately, meat from any source never states if it was reared by being fed GM crops or grain. Even free range fowl are fed with GM grain because so little British produced grain is available for animal feed. A tour of British farms and feed sacks are a huge eye opener!
You are not too far from Kent, Longdriver. One butcher who produces his own free range meat and it's all home reared on his land.

Park Farm Butchers, and I think he also has a delivery service, but not sure about distance or postage. (If anyone is interested)

http://www.parkfarmbutchers.co.uk/
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 10:33 AM

All well and good Bruce .
And it's true there is no religious need for unstunned ritual slaughter

I would remind you though that Australia sends vast numbers of innocent animals to the Middle East ALIVE .

If they survive the horrendous ship board conditions they are taken to the hellholes of the slaughterhouses of the Middle East where they suffer unimaginable cruelties before and during slaughter .
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
You are not too far from Kent, Longdriver. One butcher who produces his own free range meat and it's all home reared on his land.
Free range is all well and good while his feed stocks last, but what does he do in severe winter conditions and all of his stocks have been exhausted. I am sure he buys in rather than let his income die of malnutrition.
There are three in a syndicate not far from me and although beasts are salt marsh grass fed, not too long ago when severe weather intervened the cattle were put under cover and fed cattle nuts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top