Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 01:42 AM

Jaffa Cakes.

Our local shop is having a McVitie fest.
Hob Nobs,Digestives and Jaffa Cakes.
I'm happy to report that the first two were up to standard but the Jaffa Cakes were ghastly muck.On perusal of the packet I discovered that they were....."made in Turkey from local and imported ingredients"
The world's gone mad.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 01:59 AM

Re: Jaffa Cakes.

Tim Tams is all you need.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 02:14 AM

Well.We both used to love Tim Tams but we think they've changed the chocolate and neither of us can eat them now.It seemed to coincide with them adding lots of new flavours to their range.Perhaps it's just a Victoria thing?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 02:25 AM

I've heard that from others. BUt speaking of "Victoria things"...Are you watching the AFL final?...we are locked and loaded and behind Richmond all the way.
Psmith
melbourne australia

28-09-2019, 03:19 AM

Shocking,I know.Just between us,I'm not interested at all.Family and friends do a tipping competition and I won it this year.Not knowing anything about AFL.I've only ever followed football aka soccer.I thought you'd be more for rugby.
keezoy
Australia

28-09-2019, 04:25 AM

I am very into rugby union. Don't mind the other codes but Rugger's my game. But I lived in Perth when I was a kid and got into Aussie rules there. We (the family) love all sports.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 06:05 AM

I used to love Jaffa Cakes - until they changed the recipe. Now I agrre with you, Smiffy, they are Yukky!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 07:09 AM

Made in Turkey, are they no longer made in Jaffa?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 10:58 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Biscuits

United Biscuits ("UB") is a British multinational food manufacturer, makers of McVitie's biscuits, Jacob's Cream Crackers, and Twiglets. In November 2014, the company was acquired by Yıldız Holding (a Turkish conglomerate) and is now part of Pladis, a holding company, whose products reach approximately 4 billion people worldwide in 120 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas.

United Biscuits includes McVitie's, a leading snack food brand in the UK and Europe as well as a top 5 UK Food Brand.

In February 2016, United Biscuits released McVitie's Digestive Nibbles, reducing traditional biscuits to bite-sized format.

In January 2017, McVities launched a line of thinner chocolate digestives, meant to be a healthier alternative than traditional biscuits.

Jaffa Cakes is a part of McVitie's, and was reformatted in 2017.
Presumably to decrease costs and increase profits .....

Now I know that, I'm dumping McVitie's for a local producer .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Biscuits

Presumably to decrease costs and increase profits .....

Now I know that, I'm dumping McVitie's for a local producer .....
It does make me laugh when they say reducing the size is to make them healthier. Do they use the same PR company as the Royals?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top