Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 09:53 AM

Re: New Vacuum cleaner

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, women drivers!

You'd probably appreciate a cordless vacuum cleaner. We have a Dyson and would recommend them. Going by the many reviews I have read, Dysons are streets ahead of other types, though more expensive. You get what you pay for.

Oh, and they're really easy to steer!
Seriously, though, they are: you just tilt the handle left to turn left and right to turn right.

I'll give you 'women drivers' - saucebox.

When I am hoovering, I look where I am going, not where I have been, so this is why, with dragging the thing behind me, I walk forward then suddenly get yanked back because the other bit has bashed into something. I find it a right nuisance.

Thanks for everyone's input, and the interesting opinions and links. I need to do some homework now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I shall use that on your backside before long, Dongle.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'll give you 'women drivers' - saucebox.

When I am hoovering, I look where I am going, not where I have been, so this is why, with dragging the thing behind me, I walk forward then suddenly get yanked back because the other bit has bashed into something. I find it a right nuisance.

Thanks for everyone's input, and the interesting opinions and links. I need to do some homework now.
I completely agree.

I have heard many positive comments about those Henry things, but I see them more as an industrial unit. I can imagine that dragging the thing behind you as you progress would be counter-productive.

With a cordless, hand-held device (like our excellent Dyson) you have no worries about large bits of kit to drag around or cables underfoot trying to trip you up.

For vacuuming stairs, you simply take off the wand and attach the appropriate brush head and it is a perfectly natural position for doing the stairs as you progress up them. Mind you, we don't have any stairs but the same applies if you want to vacuum items of furniture at above floor level.

I wouldn't have anything else. I actually enjoy vacuuming!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-10-2019, 11:57 AM

How heavy is it, JBR?
Could you find me a link please?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How heavy is it, JBR?
Could you find me a link please?
Our old V6 was not at all heavy.
Our new V11 was slightly heavier, but not unduly heavy at all.

Why not pop into an outlet (John Lewis was the one we went to, but I'm sure many others will let you try it out) and actually have a go at using it. Also, as I have said, it is very manoeuvrable, and it will go under places that an upright vacuum cleaner dreads to venture.

Also, the V6 is still available, lighter, cheaper, but not as powerful.

The biggest improvement they have made, in my opinion, is the hard floor brush attachment, which sucks up hard cat food from the kitchen floor which the standard brush head just spits out again!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 02:38 PM

After seeing one in a customer's house, I bought one of these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-Upright...s%2C169&sr=8-3

I like the feature where the beater bars can be disengaged when cleaning hard floors or when the hose in use.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-10-2019, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
After seeing one in a customer's house, I bought one of these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-Upright...s%2C169&sr=8-3

I like the feature where the beater bars can be disengaged when cleaning hard floors or when the hose in use.

Judd, how long have you had that one please?
I ask because many others have a 5 yr guarantee, but this only has one year.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 07:47 PM

I've had it around 15 months. It's light and quiet compared with most uprights.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-10-2019, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I've had it around 15 months. It's light and quiet compared with most uprights.

OK, thanks.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top