Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 11:24 AM

Photographer Jim Grover

Jim Grover's photos of a south London Caff Daily Life and The Regulars

What do you think? I like this kind of thing.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 11:26 AM

Re: Photographer Jim Grover

I've never heard of him..
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I've never heard of him..
Neither had I until yesterday.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 11:51 AM

Interesting account of the daily lives of the customers.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 01:14 PM

It is ok if the people know they are being photographed, would hate to think what would happen if someone strongly objected. Candid shots could land one in all sorts of trouble
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
It is ok if the people know they are being photographed, would hate to think what would happen if someone strongly objected. Candid shots could land one in all sorts of trouble
Yes, I wondered about that. I don't often take pictures of people and rarely post them on a public forum for that reason.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes, I wondered about that. I don't often take pictures of people and rarely post them on a public forum for that reason.
Whenever I see candid shots of people on the street, my first thought is, "should they be there" and what if they didn't want ex spouses to know where they lived, or who their friends were.

Tough call, but times now are that you are being watched and photgraphed by cameras all around you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 02:17 PM

I think the ones that are posing realise it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 02:20 PM

There is a pet warehouse we go occasionally where they photograph all the dogs that visit and display them on the wall. they have to be over one year old though.

Great pics, i prefer the inanimate object ones tbh.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

28-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think the ones that are posing realise it.
And any that didn't realise their photo was being taken before it was taken would have realised it soon after.

In a situation like that, I would have the cooperation of the cafe owners of course, I would show the photos on camera to everyone, giving them the opportunity to object to them being put on my website. I would ensure I didn't profit from any of the pics.

EDIT ... I would shoot at something like 5 frames per seconds, allowing the subject to choose which one of them they like best.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top