Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 03:39 PM

Re: Turn the music off

What about George Ezra?

Pop genius or Music terrorist?

I'm undecided.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 03:48 PM

I get really hacked off when music suddenly appears over the loud speakers at the pool. At 7am it's not what I want at all, I lose count of my lengths total, you can't talk to anyone as the music's too loud. I call it Radio Racket and hate being forced to listen to it, I always kick off at reception on my way out, if they've put it on. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 04:03 PM

I rarely listen to music on the radio. And there certain genres that I abhor. I mean, can you really call things like Rap, Hiphop Garage etc actually music???.

This is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1dBg__wsuo
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I rarely listen to music on the radio. And there certain genres that I abhor. I mean, can you really call things like Rap, Hiphop Garage etc actually music???.

This is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1dBg__wsuo
I really have tried with Rap but no, can't listen to it.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 04:32 PM

Dexy's Midnight Runners. THat "Eileen" song. It's like having sandpaper rubbed over fresh sunburn. And they look like they all need a good wash. Bleeeccchh.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Is there anyone you really, really cannot listen to on the radio? Sometimes the radio is just on and perhaps we are not really listening but who do you dislike so much that you have to find another channel or switch off?
Does your question just relate to individuals and voices or may we include whole bands .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-10-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Does your question just relate to individuals and voices or may we include whole bands .....
Bands as well.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Bands as well.
OK, some from the 70s first:

Pop: The Osmonds, Bay City Rollers

Hard Rock / Arena Rock / Heavy Metal: Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Kiss, AC/DC

Progressive Rock: Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Supertramp

Glam / Glitter Rock: David Bowie, Gary Glitter, New York Dolls

Southern Rock: The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd

New Wave: Elvis Costello, Boomtown Rats, Adam and the Ants, The Undertones

then the 80s

Rap / Hip-Hop: Grandmaster Flash, Run DMC, LL Cool J, Salt n Pepa, Public Enemy, Ice T, NWA, Tone Loc, Beastie Boys, De la Soul, Queen Latifah

R&B / Urban: Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, Janet Jackson

Heavy Metal: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Skid Row, Tesla, AC/DC, Queensryche, Krokus, Scorpions, Accept, Pantera, Twisted Sister, Ozzy Osbourne, Def Leppard

Hair / Glam Metal: Motley Crue, Poison, Warrant, L.A. Guns, Guns & Roses, Cinderella, Winger, Whitesnake

Thrash / Speed Metal: Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Sepultura, Overkill, Gwar, Pantera, Suicidal Tendencies

Goth / Gothic Rock: Bauhaus, The Cure, Killing Joke, Theatre of Hate, The Sisters of Mercy

Rockabilly Revival: The Stray Cats

Alternative: R.E.M., The Smiths

That'll do for now .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Dexy's Midnight Runners. THat "Eileen" song. It's like having sandpaper rubbed over fresh sunburn. And they look like they all need a good wash. Bleeeccchh.
It's bloody awful isn't it, Keezoy, although I do like "Geno" a lot as it has some credibility.

Come On Eileen is one of those terrible 'Grandma's 60th' party songs whereby casual music listeners will mindlessly get onto the dancefloor in a circular formation and bnump their hips together at random points in the song saying "Ooomph!" a lot. Tina Turner and Queen fans. 'Safe and easy' music that involves zero thought or chin-stroking process.

See also 'I Will Survive', 'YMCA', Sweet Caroline', Dance The Night Away', '(I Will Walk) 500 Miles' and the eternally hideous 'Shout' by Lulu, which involves this particular party-goer running three miles down the road holding my breath until I reach a point whereby I can emit the most ballachingly-loud screeeeeam!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 05:49 PM

I listen to music maybe for one or two hours a month, I never have background music on, or music in the car. (stops me thinking!) I've had this car for almost ten years and never had a disc in the player.

However, when I do listen to music it could be classical, opera, choirs, brass bands, and of all the people mentioned they have probably produced at least one piece that I have liked.

Rap, Jazz and Swing I would have to leave the room....I hate it!
Although anything after 1990 is probably sh$te.....In my opinion of course...

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top