Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 01:46 PM

I Say Ban Kids From Pubs! Please!

And please don't be 'orrible with your replies to me on this subject.
I am of a rather tender disposition who gets upset very easily.

But what do YOU think about this situation?

Thanking you in anticipation.

I don't go to the pub as much as I once did simply because there are usually too many unruly Sproggs running around making a general nuisance of themselves.
Now then, if the little darlings would just sit still and shut up, then that would be just fine!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnist...t-shut-up.html

Part of which is...

Meanwhile inside, children have the run of the place, darting around and squealing, tripping up grown-ups who dare venture in for a refill (what about our health and safety?), while baby-buggies block access to the bar and the Gents. Such is the grim consequence of John Major’s decision, 20 years ago, to lift the ban on admitting under-14s to the inner sanctum.

No wonder the latest edition of the Good Pub Guide, out this week, finds that its reviewers’ most common complaint is against noisy and ill-behaved children. Nor should anyone be surprised that a ban on babies and toddlers at Barton Marina’s Waterfront pub, near Burton upon Trent in Staffordshire, has attracted new customers, while delighting most of the regulars.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 01:49 PM

Re: I Say Ban Kids From Pubs! Please!

In general, children aren't a problem in the pubs I go in.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
In general, children aren't a problem in the pubs I go in.
Fair play to you Carol.
But have you tried going into a Wetherspoons pub lately?
My above sentiments certainly apply there.
And some of the pubs I have been in lately, and all..
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 02:12 PM

Wetherspoons are not really pubs though are they? Kids can be a nuisance in my Local but so can a lot of their parents!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

05-09-2015, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Wetherspoons are not really pubs though are they? Kids can be a nuisance in my Local but so can a lot of their parents!
Well I would certainly call Wetherspoons a Public House which serves Beer and feeding time at the zoo for the sprogs.

And yes, so can a lot of their parents be obnoxious too.
And all of the monkeys ain't in the zoo!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 02:47 PM

I agree keep the ankle biters out, its nice to be able to go into a pub and relax without hearing screaming kids . I went out for a meal one evening last week and there was a young couple with two toddlers one of them screamed non stop i ended up with a throbbing headache and not caused by the drink i had.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 02:58 PM

I don't drink so don't go into pubs.

But I have a daughter, and she and her husband have gone into pubs with my grandson since he was born. They only ever go in for a meal though, and my little grandson has got so used to them, he is now 8 and sits there like a grown up. If they hadn't of taken him when he was small they would never have got an evening out.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Well I would certainly call Wetherspoons a Public House which serves Beer and feeding time at the zoo for the sprogs.
Wetherspoons is a FAMILY pub so if you want the cheap drink (which presumably you go there for) you have to accept the fact that there are families there having a meal with their children.

I go in Wetherspoons every week. When it was my husbands birthday I bought him 100 shared in the place. I can honestly say that ill behaved children have never been a problem. We go there with our own grandchildren...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 04:01 PM

Saw a sign recently

Badly behaved children will be sold on ebay

Love it
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

05-09-2015, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Saw a sign recently

Badly behaved children will be sold on ebay

Love it
Or perhaps this Susan?

Hear Hear !!!

But then, I might come across this parent!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top