Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 11:54 AM

What a frightening prospect !!

Turkey’s hardline Sharia supporting President Erdogan, yesterday threatened to send millions of migrants to Europe.

In a warning, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said his country could easily say “goodbye” to the 3 million refugees living there.

The leader, who has been accused of holding Europe to ransom over the crisis, said

“We do not have the word “idiot” written on our foreheads. We will be patient but we will do what we have to. Don’t think that the planes and buses are there for nothing."

Talks on Turkey becoming an EU member have also been accelerated and its 75 million citizens are set to get visa-free travel to the Schengen Zone later this year, but despite already paying Turkey over £2.3 billion in aid - including £250 million from Britain alone in return for it’s help to stem the flow of migrants heading to the continent, there is little sign in any reduction in the numbers crossing the Aegean Sea to Greece.

Mr Erdogan is demanding more money and is insisting the money be annually not a one off.

Well, there we have it. What a vile man! What mugs the EU and Britain are - and what a frightening prospect that our borders could eventually be forced to admit 75 million Turks if they wish to enter Britain.

Discuss please...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 12:02 PM

Re: What a frightening prospect !!

I watched Question Time last night and many were saying we should welcome refugees.
I have never shouted at the television screen but I shouted...'Where are they going to live, there's no houses!'
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 12:16 PM

exactly Art,theres not the Houses, Schools,Doctors Surgery, to cope with such a large amount of people .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 12:16 PM

Exactly Art, people in this area where I live may as well not bother putting their names down for a council flat or house as they have no chance of ever getting one. I hear from people already on the waiting list that they too are constantly being pushed further down as more and more come here.

Social housing is very few and far between here and yet we learn yesterday that 20 Syrian families are being welcomed. It may seem heartless of me but that is twenty local people who will be pushed down twenty places yet again. That can mean years of further waiting.

Can you imagine if how many of 75 million Turkish people who would give anything to get into Britain, will be allowed to just walk in after a period of time in the Shenghen zone !!!! they will all automatically want housing, schooling, medical, benefits. How much more strain are our services meant to take? It really is a frightening thought.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 12:41 PM

Brits should always remember that most of our ancestors were migrants once!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-02-2016, 12:57 PM

Hi Tarantula, yes, I would agree with you there that there are probably more people living on our island with immigrant history than those with true blue British bloodline. However, migration down through time did not put such pressure on the services that effect the lives of those already living here because we had sensible, controlled Immigration.

In a perfect world, where we Brits could still expect and receive the services we have paid into all our lives, Asylum seekers would be warmly welcomed. In fact, I would go as far as to say we Brits are probably top of the list at being the most hospitable, fairest nation caring for those people that are hurt and distressed and fleeing for a reason. We have never turned our back on those in need.

But there has come a time which is now! that we cannot any longer cope with this influx of millions wanting to come here.
We have to draw the line. Sad but true. Otherwise life will become unbearable for ourselves, and WE don't deserve that.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I watched Question Time last night and many were saying we should welcome refugees.
I have never shouted at the television screen but I shouted...'Where are they going to live, there's no houses!'
Funnily enough Arti, I was as well, and I bet a few million more too!
But I thought that Nigel Farage went down better than he usually does.
Perhaps people are at last realizing what madness we are dumping on our country if we stay in the EU, with even more mass immigration on the way as per Shroppies excellent lead post.
Frightening even come near covering it!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 03:00 PM

I hope we continue to let migrants in!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-02-2016, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I hope we continue to let migrants in!
I hope you have enough bedrooms to accommodate them !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 03:26 PM

Near where i live when i am in the uk there was a big drive to take in Syrian families.
As far as i know no one has actually done it .
I was slightly mystified as to what they all intended doing with their black Labradors.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top