Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 04:18 PM

Re: OCD s

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I said to her he needs help maybe from the doctor or a psychiatrist as it's all ongoing. But he's stubborn and gets angry.. what can she do?
This site might be of help.
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s.../#.VX2a8_lViko
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 08:31 PM

have 2 sisters who i think have it - she even washes her hands when she gets gome coz shes been touching money ...my niece seems to have the same trait -or just copied her mother ...i am tidy' which was all due to our up bringing at home ..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 09:33 PM

toffee, I wash my hands after touching money, even counting what's in my bag, and definitely when home from shopping!!! Even Mum's cousin agreed on that one.

Yesterday in Morrisons I had the misfortune to be behind a woman coughing clackily (you know the type of cough!) into the hand that was clutching a paycard. The very hand that used the card reader buttons, so once I'd also paid, by card (urgh urgh urgh) I dashed the few yards to the toilet to wash my hands, making sure I wasn't touching anything on the way.

Yes, goodness knows what germs were on the trolley handle but what the eye didn't see, etc.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
toffee, I wash my hands after touching money, even counting what's in my bag, and definitely when home from shopping!!! Even Mum's cousin agreed on that one.

Yesterday in Morrisons I had the misfortune to be behind a woman coughing clackily (you know the type of cough!) into the hand that was clutching a paycard. The very hand that used the card reader buttons, so once I'd also paid, by card (urgh urgh urgh) I dashed the few yards to the toilet to wash my hands, making sure I wasn't touching anything on the way.

Yes, goodness knows what germs were on the trolley handle but what the eye didn't see, etc.

I do the same Jazzi, and I don't see it as anything to do with OCD, it's just a sensible health precaution as far as I'm concerned.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 11:21 PM

I always wash my hands when I come back from shopping .... goodness knows how many hands have been on those trolleys over the years - also the money changes hands an awful lot too

Just as a health precaution though.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 12:47 PM

I too wash my hands the minute I walk in the house, it doesnt matter where I been I just have to wash my hands, I even go one step further during the winter bugs season, I carry a small packet of hand wipes and I wipe the trolley handle before using it.
Its rubbed off on my hubby too, he washes his hands every time he comes in through the door.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My friends laugh at me for I have certain obsessive compulsory traits. When I leave the house I always have to check for dripping taps , check the kettle and microwave are off at the wall and close the kitchen door (in case of fire).I wonder if others do similar
I've been like that for years Susan and now that my hearing is even worse I have a whole new range of obsessions!

Mind you, I have flooded the kitchen twice, locked myself out of the car twice, locked myself out of the house three times, trod all over wet paint that I'd just painted and walked it all through the house and so on!! stevmk2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 02:44 PM

I do a lot of hand washing but don't consider it anything to do with OCD, just simply hygiene.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 04:22 PM

It's locking up with me. I tend to go around the house two or three times at night trying all the handles. Also go and check the car and the garage are locked even though I know I checked them earlier.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
If anyone wants more on the subjects of OCD and related disorders please feel free to PM me as I don't intend to post on thisforum anymore.
Sorry to hear you're not posting VM

My suggestion to anyone would be the site No More Panic. It's not all doom and gloom. You get a giggle there too

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top